2 of 2
Why KRAV MAGA and CROSSFIT are NOT synergic?
Posted: 27 August 2010 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14084
Joined  2004-06-18
Nonomon - 27 August 2010 12:20 PM
Garddawg - 27 August 2010 11:47 AM

Thats is fair.  BTW there is a fitness program being touted right now by KMWW ask me about it off line BIG D, the story is funny given the blog post being discussed and the tie in here to Brand X and me in particular.

Do you mean the Fit to Fight Program?? I’ve heard it’s being introduced here in Europe, and I was waiting to know more about it…

P.S: I wonder if thats one of the reasons “KRAV MAGA and CROSSFIT are NOT synergic”...

Think you hit it on the head, it is disrupting the marketing plan.  I thought we won the argument already with a 275 pound OHS, here’s another little nail in the coffin…..KMWW is a CrossFit affiliate.  Again….Game, set, match.

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 10 September 2010 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  563
Joined  2009-07-07

So wierd. KMWW site was what brought me here. You’d think maybe they’d connect some dots.

Signature 

“If you’re not afraid of your workout you’re not working out hard enough”
NEVER walk away from your bar! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! - Jeff Martin

Posted: 23 February 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-02-23
Garddawg - 27 August 2010 12:39 PM

Thats is fair.  BTW there is a fitness program being touted right now by KMWW ask me about it off line BIG D, the story is funny given the blog post being discussed and the tie in here to Brand X and me in particular.

Do you mean the Fit to Fight Program?? I’ve heard it’s being introduced here in Europe, and I was waiting to know more about it…

P.S: I wonder if thats one of the reasons “KRAV MAGA and CROSSFIT are NOT synergic”...

Think you hit it on the head, it is disrupting the marketing plan.  I thought we won the argument already with a 275 pound OHS, here’s another little nail in the coffin…..KMWW is a CrossFit affiliate.  Again….Game, set, match.

OOPS.  Forgot to check the date on the last post.

Posted: 23 February 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  9818
Joined  2007-01-08
georockdude - 23 February 2012 10:53 AM

I’m finding this a bit entertaining yet concerns me from a “student” point of view. 
Our training center is KMWW, KMA, PMA and Crossfit associated.  They even have their own local branch called 303Crossfit, which I might point out is much like the Brand X point of view…  They also teach the new Fit to Fight program, cage fitness and some other misc things.  I have noticed some other centers get more into the political side of things, so yes, I could see them NOT being synergistic if they are just into it for the money.  I have looked at other centers for my travels, some are pretty uptight.  I guess there is politics in everything…
From my experience, everything with us is complementary.  The mindset of a better rounded person holds more value to the owners and instructors.  So, in this case, KM/Xfit are a perfect marriage.  To argue what is good together takes all the personal needs out of the picture and defeats the purpose of fitness.  I can tell you that my KM workouts have gone to an entirely new level of ability since starting crossfit.  If that’s not synergy, I must be missing something…

2 year old conversation.
I’m not sure that Nonomon even logs on here any more.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009

Posted: 23 February 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-02-23

DOOOH,
that’s what I get for surfing while I’m at work and not paying attention…  Sorry…

Posted: 23 February 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-08-17
Metric - 23 February 2012 01:13 PM
georockdude - 23 February 2012 10:53 AM

I’m finding this a bit entertaining yet concerns me from a “student” point of view. 
Our training center is KMWW, KMA, PMA and Crossfit associated.  They even have their own local branch called 303Crossfit, which I might point out is much like the Brand X point of view…  They also teach the new Fit to Fight program, cage fitness and some other misc things.  I have noticed some other centers get more into the political side of things, so yes, I could see them NOT being synergistic if they are just into it for the money.  I have looked at other centers for my travels, some are pretty uptight.  I guess there is politics in everything…
From my experience, everything with us is complementary.  The mindset of a better rounded person holds more value to the owners and instructors.  So, in this case, KM/Xfit are a perfect marriage.  To argue what is good together takes all the personal needs out of the picture and defeats the purpose of fitness.  I can tell you that my KM workouts have gone to an entirely new level of ability since starting crossfit.  If that’s not synergy, I must be missing something…

2 year old conversation.
I’m not sure that Nonomon even logs on here any more.

I still login in, not as quite often as I would like though…

By the way, and after all this time. I think that at least here in Europe KMWW and the Fit to Fight Program have terminated their friendly business relationship… So I guess maybe KM and Crossfit have recovered its former synergy… raspberry

Posted: 12 April 2014 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2014-04-02

Just started Krav Maga 2 days ago.  I’ll post in a few weeks about how it works out in conjunction with CrossFit.  Lots of fun.  I’m stoked!

Signature 

“It’s not the critic who counts.” -Teddy Roosevelt

Posted: 16 April 2014 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  8560
Joined  2004-07-08

I will bet, it works out great!

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

2 of 2