The workout for busy moms
Posted: 28 September 2010 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-09-27

Sometimes us new moms don’t have time to get out of the house or even take 5 minutes away from a demanding baby. Crossfit Mom is a great place, but here’s a workout that includes the baby when you have one of those days you just can’t get away.

3-5 rounds of:
Push-ups (place baby on floor, kiss baby on the nose/cheek when you descend)
Squats (hold baby in your arms)
Lunges (hold baby in your arms)
Bridges (hold baby on your lap as you do the bridge)

Reps depend on size of baby and your strength/ability/post-partum issues. Not done for time.

Additional cardio: put on your “weighted vest” (baby sling - Ergo carrier has the thickest straps. Mei Tai, Moby, or Ring Slings work too) and go for a long walk or even a hike (I do 1-2 hours per day with our dog). Good resistance for mom, nice cozy nap for baby.

Bottom line - no excuses.

Signature 

F/26/5’5/131

Posted: 28 September 2010 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

Nice. LOL

This workout is self scaling. Your weight lifting capacity increases as your child grows. By end of year 6 you will be able to back squat your child on your shoulders to see fireworks, parade floats and to “get it myself” stuff in the upper cabinets of your home. smile

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 28 September 2010 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  2357
Joined  2009-06-05

I like the baby wall balls-the wall. I do these with my two year old and throw him in the air at the top of every squat just like a wall ball, he loves that. Also baby sotts press is pretty difficult, but not very fun for the kid lol. And ofcourse the baby kettle bell swing is a must!

Signature 

23/M/6’4”/222
Started crossfit 5/1/2009 265#‘s
“No matter whom you are you have weaknesses and Crossfit will shed light on those weaknesses, enabling you to work on them.” Me
“Mastroj is a tsunami on the Eastern Seaboard . . . ” TexasPatrick
Look me up on facebook facebook.com/mastroj

Posted: 24 September 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-09-24

I did some of the work outs. My wife thought I was crazy. Thanks… after i show her this she will see I am not alone.
grin

Signature 

“My fear is my only courage so i got to push on through” - Bob Marley

Posted: 06 September 2013 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-09-05

I’m new. Are there any other threads in regards to moms? Just curious. Checked and so far this is the only one. Thanks in advance.

Posted: 06 September 2013 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  13274
Joined  2007-01-30
Jnchome - 06 September 2013 11:11 AM

I’m new. Are there any other threads in regards to moms? Just curious. Checked and so far this is the only one. Thanks in advance.

You might try the search box up there and see.  There’s not a separate forum/thread if that’s what you’re looking for.  Also, you’re free to start a thread if you can’t find your answer (though we have a TON of information on the site so the most common questions are answered somewhere around here…).  Not to mention we have tons of actual moms on the board who would probably lend a hand if asked. grin

TP

Signature 

The common denominator of success—- the secret of success of every man who has ever been successful—- lies in the fact that he formed the habit of doing things that failures don’t like to do.—Albert Grey

“Really Connor? Really?”—Jeff Martin

http://rantopedia.blogspot.com/ (my blog)
http://www.facebook.com/patrick.hoffman1

M-47/5’11”/180lbs

There’s a reason they don’t call it “Fight Gone Good”.

Posted: 06 September 2013 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  3675
Joined  2007-12-23

and of course looking at CrossFitmom.com is always an option

Signature 

CrossFit start date September 2007, joined the these boards December 2007

“Real strength never impairs beauty or harmony, but it often bestows it; and in everything imposingly beautiful, strength has much to do with the magic.”
- Hermin Melville

F/52yrs