Posted: 19 March 2013 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  260
Joined  2010-05-20
ausman - 19 March 2013 02:28 PM
smithma7 - 19 March 2013 08:42 AM
Red Beard - 19 March 2013 05:06 AM

Though there’s a big difference between carbs from grains and carbs from veggies.

You’ve got that right!!

Whats the differnce? Please enlighten me. I think the carbs are similar. It’s the lectins, phytates, etc, which are the problem, no? And most of these baddies can be greatly reduced through natural processes. ie: soaking, fermenting, sprouting and cooking.

Grains are trying to kill you, for one. [wfs] http://crossfitimpulse.com/why-grains-are-killing-you

Signature 

- Mike

Posted: 19 March 2013 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  529
Joined  2012-11-24

Those compounds are found in many other foods, not just grains. Look them up. I was pointing out the actual type of carbohydrate was not the problem with grains. Just saying that most grains can be naturaly processed to get these nasty compounds down to minimal levels.

Signature 

M 29 178cm 80kg

Posted: 20 March 2013 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  596
Joined  2012-05-16

Yeah i limit my intake of high glycemic carbs mainly to regulate insulin levels and by doing so reduce my body fat %. Did you know that protein also affects insulin level, which can also increase fat cells? Its not just carbs..But honesly, it is the highly processed carbs, meat, and even vegetables that are killing us. There is nothing inherently wrong with carbohydrates….just the refined, processed ones. Heck even eating too much protein can send you into kidney failure..

“At the center of the controversy is the concern that habitual consumption of dietary protein in excess of recommended amounts promotes chronic renal disease through increased glomerular pressure and hyperfiltration [2,3]. Media releases often conclude that, “too much protein stresses the kidney” [4]. The real question, however, is whether research in healthy individuals supports this notion. In fact, studies suggest that hyperfiltration in response to various physiological stimuli is a normal adaptative mechanism”

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/2/1/25

Signature 

M/32/6’2’‘/245# :( up from 225 a year ago.

Compare to 330# in 2009

Warm up: two rounds of 10 air squats, 1 min hamstring stretch, 10 push-ups, 5 pull ups, 5 dips, 10 deep squats holding on to a poll for perfect form, 10 sit ups, 200 m run, 5 KTE.

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. - Aristotle.

3 of 3