12 of 12
The Sandbox Thread-Where in the world is Brian?
Posted: 19 December 2012 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  846
Joined  2005-11-13

The “space,” or “box,” as of now, is most of my equipment in the shed - only the bag is set up.  In looking at the yard, and available space in the house and shed, I’m thinking it *might* be time to rejoin a box for a while until we find a place more conducive to Gunner’s Garage Gym V2.0.  In my area there are a LOT of options, I have so far identified Patriot/Potomac Crossfit and Crossfit Arlington/NOVA MMA as the two top contenders for my money.  I see Potomac is a CFK affiliate, which is a big plus, and I also like the idea of CF and an MMA gym in the same place (go figure   blank stare ).  If any trainers have knowledge of/experience with either gym, or any in the general Arlington/Alexandria area I’ve overlooked, I’d very much appreciate a PM.

I see a lot of boxes now requiring a Foundations class or “test-out” prior to inclusion in the normal WOD groups - I like this.  Is BX jumping on this bandwagon?  What can a hermit CFer expect in such a crucible?

Signature 

"Xerxes does not want your lives, sir" the emissary called.  "Only your weapons."

Leonidas laughed.  "Tell him to come and get them."

Posted: 20 December 2012 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3327
Joined  2006-02-17

Gunner, I have a mate who I think trains at Potomac Crossfit.  Will reach out and see what he has to say about it.

Cheers, kempie

Signature 

Take a deep breath ... Now do it again!
http://www.crossfitnortheastengland.com

BX Coaching Gold - “your doing all the right stuff its just coming out all wrong. “
CFSB Dummie’s Playground

12 of 12