3 of 12
The Sandbox Thread-Where in the world is Brian?
Posted: 08 March 2006 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Hound
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2005-05-01

“Your job is to be polite until it’s time to not be polite”.

“How do we know when that is?”

“I will tell you.”

-best Patrick Swayze quote ever

(“no one puts Baby in a corner” is a distant 2nd. 8) )

Posted: 09 March 2006 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2004-07-05

Road House, classic, a personal favorite of mine.

Signature 

For Scottie - “I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
-John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Posted: 09 March 2006 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  846
Joined  2005-11-13

As someone who has worked in the dress code enforcement industry, I have to say that “Road House,” while entertaining and probably Patrick Swayze’s cinematic opus, does not in any way reflect the realities of that job.  I mean, we never had any guys with razor blades on their cowboy boots come in (for that matter, I remember seeing very few cowboy boots at all), nobody got their car dealership run over by Bigfoot (though that would have livened up a Sunday or two!) and we never, much to my dismay, found the opportunity to pick anybody up and slam them WWE-style through a table.  What a letdown.

Signature 

"Xerxes does not want your lives, sir" the emissary called.  "Only your weapons."

Leonidas laughed.  "Tell him to come and get them."

Posted: 09 March 2006 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  14147
Joined  2004-06-18

Weeeelllllll, You obviously didn’t work in Ramona.

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 09 March 2006 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2005-11-13

Might have to scan the classifieds my last couple months here LOL

Signature 

"Xerxes does not want your lives, sir" the emissary called.  "Only your weapons."

Posted: 13 March 2006 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  2570
Joined  2005-10-27

Haven’t been on the site for a few days. Almost panicked when I saw how long it had been since we’d heard from you. All is well though. Should have known I’d find you whooping it up in Crazy Talk.

BTW, keep drinking the coffee. You get more hilarious with every cup!

Posted: 16 March 2006 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2005-11-13

G-I, I’ll always be yukking it up in Crazy Talk, even if I’m not around to contribute….

Good timing on your post though, it coincided nicely with a trip to Baghdad that kept me away from the computer for a couple of days.  Because of security concerns, I can’t announce trips like that beforehand, so I may drop off the radar from time to time, when I do fear not, I’ll be back and posting overcaffeinated late-night ravings again before you know it.  Keep in mind that no news is good news, I might be traveling around or just can’t get on the net for some reason or other, we often lose internet access for days at a time for various reasons. 

Baghdad, by the way, is completely bizarre at this point.  The last lunch I ate there, I was sitting at a table wearing my uniform, pistol on my hip.  To my left, there were a bunch of italian soldiers (I think they were soldiers) wearing the latest in eurotrash battle finery (think olive drab mesh t-shirts - the loose mesh you can completely see through, over-tight camo pants, etc).  To my right, a table full of embassy muckety-mucks in well-pressed suits.  I started to wish my boots were ruby-colored so I could click the heels three times and say “There’s no place like combat, there’s no place like combat….”  It was like that scene from “Blazing Saddles” when the brawl spills into the movie studio caferteria, with folks dressed in costumes from about 14 different genre movies all mixing it up.  I am actually glad to be back out in what those folks consider “the wild west.”

Signature 

Posted: 17 March 2006 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  2570
Joined  2005-10-27

We don’t need no stinking badges.

Posted: 17 March 2006 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2005-11-13

“Awwww, somebody’s gotta go back and get a *&$#load of dimes!”

I wish I could say that would never happen here…........

Signature 

Posted: 17 March 2006 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

I have some old camo monkey spy costumes I could ship out to you, sounds like they would fit right in.

Sorry to make worlds ( or threads) collide - but I could n’t resist.

I promise to drink some Irish Beer for you and we will toast to your continued safety and conservative battle dressing tastes. :mrgreen:

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 17 March 2006 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  14147
Joined  2004-06-18

I might have to eat someone dressed like that.  worlds colliding-worlds colliding.

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 17 March 2006 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2004-06-24

didn’t Simon & Garfunkel write a song about that once?  I see your worlds colliding-worlds colliding and I raise you a worlds colliding.

Signature 

Im always thinking one step ahead…like a carpenter building stairs.

Patience, n.—A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.

Posted: 17 March 2006 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

maybe…but George Costanza on Seinfeld did it very well…whine whine whine

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 17 March 2006 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Total Posts:  942
Joined  2004-06-30

I’m still trying to visualize…..

Italian soldiers (I think they were soldiers) wearing the latest in eurotrash battle finery (think olive drab mesh t-shirts - the loose mesh you can completely see through, over-tight camo pants, etc)

Can you bring some of those back for the dumpster gals? :wink:

Signature 

He was just a man doing a job.  A job whose primary attribute was self-restraint and self-composure, not for his own sake, but for those whom he lead by example.  A job whose objective could be boiled down to the single understatement, as he did at the Hot Gates on the morning he died, of performing the commonplace under uncommonplace conditions. 

Description of Dienekes, a Spartan warrior at the Battle of Thermopylae

Posted: 17 March 2006 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2005-11-13

And once again a mouthful of coffee is introduced to my computer screen….

I’m not sure introducing the Penzoil Hair Club for Men crew to the Dumpster Gals is such a great idea. 

It could be amusing though, I’ll think on this awhile LOL

Signature 

3 of 12