HELP!!!!
Posted: 31 July 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  411
Joined  2012-07-24

So my husband tried his first Crossfit class yesterday, which turned more into the coach going through some basic movements ie: 200 meter run, squat, wall balls, situps, push ups and then Finally burpees. Well after one round of run, squat, wall ball, burpees…he got to the burpees and felt like he was going to puke. It was at that point that the coach sugested (in the most profesional way posible) that he is not ready for the full blown Crossfit class, and that he should try there 8 week ramp up program, starting on the 20 Aug. My husband knew that he was out of shape however i think it did not dawn on him just how much. So he is signed up for the 8 week class (yeah smile however he feels that he may be to out of shape for even that.  So in saying that what are some simple Bodyweight WODs that i can put together for him to do for these up coming three weeks to get his confidance up. I will be working on his ROM and flexiblity i just want to make sure i am pairing the exercises together right.

My background: I have been CF since Feb of this year and before that strickly a runner. I go to my box 5-6 times a week and am at about Pack level. My husband has never worked out with me before, so i think he was shocked by his first encounter with WODs. I really really want him to get as excited about CF as I am….. Any suggestions would be welcome Thank you!

Signature 

CF DOB: 02/01/2012

- nothing is better then killing a WOD at 5am

Posted: 31 July 2012 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14049
Joined  2004-06-18

Message me the name of your box

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 31 July 2012 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3675
Joined  2007-12-23

Keep encouraging him,
I have to give my husband props for continueing CrossFit even though I tend to beat him in the WODs, the best was when he started lifting more than I do in DL, Squat, bench and press I know he doesnt like it when i beat him, worst is if we use the same weight but I started a couple years before him and as with you an your husband I was in better shape when i started.

Signature 

CrossFit start date September 2007, joined the these boards December 2007

“Real strength never impairs beauty or harmony, but it often bestows it; and in everything imposingly beautiful, strength has much to do with the magic.”
- Hermin Melville

F/52yrs

‹‹ Improving pull-up numbers      Frustration ››