Morning workout Nutrition and pre-workout supps?
Posted: 09 January 2013 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-07-11

Hi there guys, im about to start back into CF and will have to workout in morning times due to work etc, so around 8am.  I am not a morning person, and known that for 1 just the getting up will be a struggle but to even workout with relative intensity will be another thing.  My main question is, what should I eat in the mornings to get me going and give me enough enery through the workout?  I normally just have a cereal of some kind, or toast.

Also does anyone here take PWO supps, I am a fan of these for when I do a normal strength workout, as i need the kick and strength boost they offer.  Currently taking dymatize xpand, but going to go back onto Muscle Pharm Assult.

Signature 

27 / M / 5.9”/ 152lb Norn Iron

Pain is only weakness leaving the body

Posted: 16 January 2013 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2012-09-24

I’m not a fan of morning workouts either. Not sure about the proper nutrition, maybe it would change depending on the type of workout is at hand. Eggs, oatmeal, and dark veggies should give you all you need. I wouldn’t want a full stomach before a high metcon workout. On those days you should probably eat something lite before, and get a good post workout meal.

The only pre-workout supplement I do now is coffee. I gave up taking all that other stuff years ago.

Signature 

M/34/5’ 10”/182#

Posted: 16 January 2013 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Big Dawg
Total Posts:  411
Joined  2012-07-24

I WOD in the mornings as well, I found that I best work out fasted in the am. I have a good protien heavy dinner with veggies and that carries me over into the am. I have occationally taken thermovex before hand and gotten a good boost but honestly it was way to expensive.  For post WOD I am usually in a rush, so I started making Ham, egg, onion “muffins” (bassically just mixing them together, pouring into a cup cake tin and baking for 20min @350) Works out to be about 1egg 1serving of ham per “muffin”. I makin them at the begining of the week and just pop them into the micro.

Signature 

CF DOB: 02/01/2012

- nothing is better then killing a WOD at 5am

Posted: 21 January 2013 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Big Dawg
Total Posts:  332
Joined  2012-10-15

I just picked up some Betancort Bullnox Androrush yesterday. I had read good things, and it was on sale plus I had a coupon, so I got it for about 50% off. It seemed to get me going pretty well this morning, and so far no side effects. I did go to decaf this morning, since I was worried about having too much caffeine. I will report back in after I have used it for a longer time period and let you know what I think.

Signature 

M 42/5’9”/180#/ CFBD 10-11-2012

Posted: 21 January 2013 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1683
Joined  2008-02-14
TriggerT - 21 January 2013 11:50 AM

I just picked up some Betancort Bullnox Androrush yesterday. I had read good things, and it was on sale plus I had a coupon, so I got it for about 50% off. It seemed to get me going pretty well this morning, and so far no side effects. I did go to decaf this morning, since I was worried about having too much caffeine. I will report back in after I have used it for a longer time period and let you know what I think.

Quite a list of chemicals in the confusing ingredient list.  Horny goat weed extract?  Really?

Posted: 21 January 2013 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Big Dawg
Total Posts:  332
Joined  2012-10-15

Yeah, that one caught my attention as well. Seams like the Chinese have used it for a long time for lots of things. We’ll see how it goes.

Signature 

M 42/5’9”/180#/ CFBD 10-11-2012

Posted: 22 January 2013 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-07-11

Its used mostly for male stimulation lol, although it also increases the amount out NO in the body.

Im looking forward to starting my morning workouts this wk, if someone could kick me out of bed in time would be a massive boost

Signature 

27 / M / 5.9”/ 152lb Norn Iron

Pain is only weakness leaving the body

Posted: 07 March 2013 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-03-07

same as above work out in the morning is a luxury for me, i work up late til 5 am so my sleeping hour is just like dracula lol, i usually work out at evening before work, streching, running, and pushup and sometimes go to gym .

Posted: 13 March 2013 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Big Dawg
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2009-03-13

I hit the 5:30am class 3-4 times a week. It is brutal to wake up around 4:45am, but I love working out in the AM and getting it in the first part of the day. The hardest part is just getting out of bed, then you know you can make it. Also, it does get easier…but then you do turn into AARP member later in the day…when I start to get sleepy at 8pm! Finally, given work, and kids sporting events, if I didn’t do the early AM workouts, they wouldn’t get done at all.

In terms of pre-workout food, I have found that I do need something. I feel sick if I have zero, or too much. So for me, it’s usually a diet coke (my coffee) and a granola bar….or an apple with some peanut butter.

Good luck.

Signature 

What if the hokey-pokey IS what it’s all about?

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.“
Garddawg - 22 March 2009