Zone Block Calculation
Posted: 18 January 2013 05:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Stray Dawg
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2012-06-01

Okay, so I’m probably a huge idiot,  but I can’t find the table or equation or whatever to calculate my Zone block requirements. The short history:

About 4 months ago I was doing mainsite WOD’s pretty regularly (2 on, 1 off),  and had cleaned up my diet to basically follow Gary Taubes’ advice in Why We Get Fat;  basically eat clean, low GI foods, and don’t obsess about the measuring.  On this regimen,  I dropped from 210 to 187 (12.7%  BF per the tank).  Then, a non-Crossfit related injury, the doldrums, the holidays, and a whole bunch of Pecan Pie.  Hey,  its Georgia…..

So I’m back on the horse, healed up, and would like to give the Zone a run this time.  Bought the book, but can’t find in the Appendices where it says “this many blocks per your lean body mass”  etc.  Can anybody give me a heads up on where it is?  Also,  I was thinking I’d use the values from the tank, as I looked and felt my best then.  I’d heard someone say you eat for the body mass you want, not what you are.  (And I’m about 10 lbs fatter)

Any and all help is appreciated.

Signature 

GrotusMaximus
Atlanta, GA
Menz - 40 yo - 5’10” - 197.5
CF DOB - 4/11/2012
Goals:  Pullups - 21 Unbroken (PR - 12);  DL - 380 (PR - 255); Bench - 285 (PR - 225); Snatch - 185 (PR - ???);  C&J - 225 (PR - 165);  400M - 1:15 (PR - 1:33)

Posted: 18 January 2013 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13286
Joined  2007-01-30

Check out the first post in this topic: the one that says “zone block calculator”

P.S. Crossfit is “moderate” activity for the purposes of the zone….

TP

Signature 

The common denominator of success—- the secret of success of every man who has ever been successful—- lies in the fact that he formed the habit of doing things that failures don’t like to do.—Albert Grey

“Really Connor? Really?”—Jeff Martin

http://rantopedia.blogspot.com/ (my blog)
http://www.facebook.com/patrick.hoffman1

M-47/5’11”/180lbs

There’s a reason they don’t call it “Fight Gone Good”.

Posted: 18 January 2013 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1683
Joined  2008-02-14

All of the Zone calculations work off of your lean body mass, so if you’ve got good numbers from the tank then use those.

Lean body mass x activity factor (CF generally is ~ 0.7) = daily protein requirement in grams.

Divide by 7 and this equals your daily block allowance.

Chapter 8 in “Enter the Zone” covers this material.

‹‹ Vitamin D update      horrible work schedule ››