WOD Demos no longer being posted: why?
Posted: 14 February 2013 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2012-07-11

As the question suggests, just wondering why WOD demos are no longer being posted on the mainsite.

Posted: 14 February 2013 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13325
Joined  2007-01-30

No earthly idea.  There was a time a while back when they didn’t post ANYTHING but the wod.  This is kind of a reversion to that.  Also, they don’t tell us anything about what they do or why…

TP

Signature 

The common denominator of success—- the secret of success of every man who has ever been successful—- lies in the fact that he formed the habit of doing things that failures don’t like to do.—Albert Grey

“Really Connor? Really?”—Jeff Martin

http://rantopedia.blogspot.com/ (my blog)
http://www.facebook.com/patrick.hoffman1

M-47/5’11”/180lbs

There’s a reason they don’t call it “Fight Gone Good”.

Posted: 14 February 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  891
Joined  2011-07-07

I was going to post about this too but forgot. Most of those demos had great insights and coaching tips that always helped a great deal.

Signature 

M / 30 / 185# (84K) / 6’1 (185cm)
Crossfit DOB: 2/1/2011
2014 Goals

“Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
              -Isaiah 41:10

Posted: 14 February 2013 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2012-07-11
dannyrod - 14 February 2013 01:12 PM

I was going to post about this too but forgot. Most of those demos had great insights and coaching tips that always helped a great deal.

precisely.  In the absence of the WOD it’s also difficult to determine what one’s time should be in the case a timed workout comes up.

Posted: 14 February 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1683
Joined  2008-02-14
Aspire - 14 February 2013 01:17 PM

precisely.  In the absence of the WOD it’s also difficult to determine what one’s time should be in the case a timed workout comes up.

If you follow along a day or more behind the posted WOD it is quite easy to see representative times/scores.

Posted: 14 February 2013 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  9927
Joined  2007-01-08
Aspire - 14 February 2013 01:17 PM

FROM THE FAQ at
http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewreply/150199/

Metric - 02 November 2009 02:00 PM

The same sources of information can give you an estimate of the target times for WODs.

Take a look at the Underdawg times.
If there isn’t an Underdawg time listed for this WOD, take a look at the times others posted on the mainsite and the CF WOD forum here the last time this came up. Discard the very fastest and very slowest and any results not done as rx’ed.
Average the rest and you’ll get an approximate time to shoot for.

There’s quite a good discussion on several points related to this here http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/4154/P0/.
Then TP and I get involved and it all goes downhill.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009

‹‹ CF Sites      Post-Surgery Modifications ››