Turning 30 and have never felt younger!!!
Posted: 14 March 2013 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-03-14

New to the forum and new to crossfit. Wasn’t sure what the hype was all about, I watched the games on ESPN and thought it was pretty awesome. As the title says, about to be 30 (Sunday) and want to try something different. Have been “bodybuilding” the last few years, but with a 2 year old son, I want to be more fit and active as opposed to just “big”. Goals change as we get older

Played professional baseball with the Cardinals and Brewers, so definitely have a lot of training experience. I did my first WOD last Thursday…..WOW!!! Definitely was not in the shape I thought I was (despite doing cardio for 45 minutes a day). Kicked my butt, I wish I had found the forum and read about the scaling the workouts lol

Anyways, have done 4 workouts and I really like this. Been eating Paleo and have noticed my body reacting very positively to the workouts, diet (hate that word) and recovery. I look forward to learning as much as I can here. My wife is going to start doing crossfit as well.

Question for the vets: I was shot point blank in the leg with a 12g 7 yrs ago, they removed about 1/3 of my quad muscle and 1/2 my abdomin muscles. I can still squat, run, jump the whole sha bang. BUT, there are some things I’ve tried and just can’t do (L sits, pistols on that leg etc). Should I keep trying until I can do them or modify them or find a new excersize?

Thanks!