Cheat Day
Posted: 14 April 2013 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2013-04-14

Been in crossfit for 3 months, and listen to the members talk.  Most engage in a kinda Paleo diet, most of us are human right?  So what do you guys think about cheat days?  While using Paleo or any other diet.  I have always put it in my diet, and “The Rock” seems to be the biggest named guy with is “wait for it” legendary with his cheat days. (3 large pizzas, gallon of ice cream and 12 doughnuts).  Now there seems to be studies to show the way it can help even the best or worse of us
http://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/eat-unhealthy-foods-lose-weight

What do you guys think?

Posted: 15 April 2013 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  510
Joined  2012-11-24

Cheat days!? gulp

That article recommends planning a cheat meal the day before a hard workout. I’m no dietitian but IMO consuming large amounts of calories should be saved for immediately post workout.

Posted: 15 April 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2013-04-14

I feel the same, but I have tried it, and if you have a cheat day Wed. and a workout that day and the next day Thurs.  Its funny how the extra calories and fat can boost me up.  I go cheat after my wed workout, and come Thursday I feel more energetic.  Now for full disclosure, I don’t eat fried food, and use a cheat meal, not day.  But to each his own.