Newbie, weight gain advice
Posted: 27 May 2013 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2013-05-27

I’ve started recently with crossfit, and for me it’s been a, life-changing experience.I do it 3x a week and currently I’m 165 pd and 5’10” with 12% body fat.I’ve started also with zone eating and according to the zone calculator I should eat 17 daily. I’ve noticed a great energy boost during the day but it’s been a month and haven’t noticed any muscle growth or weight gain.I would like to reach 175-180 pd and reduce body fat.I’m patient, so it’s not necessary to reach my goal short term.I’ve read that normally I should increase my good fat intake, what about protein and carbs? Should I do every session some exercises such as deadlifts, squats and so? Also, I don’t want to loose my energy boost due to zone eating, what should I do? Am I asking for the impossible?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: 27 May 2013 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14068
Joined  2004-06-18

Post your workouts for 3-4 weeks on the board.  Then revisit this thread.  It will help us make suggestions.

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 27 May 2013 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Joined  2013-05-27

I’m not sure to fully understand your answer. Where should I post my trainings? And you mean with results? I’m training with a crossfit instructor at my town…

Posted: 27 May 2013 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Joined  2013-05-27

Thanks for the quick answer btw

Posted: 27 May 2013 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9802
Joined  2007-01-08

Post your workout results in one of the ope topics in the CrossFit WOD forum here, http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewforum/16/, as suggested in the Activation email you received as you signed up (http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/7478/).

Why are only 2 topics open?
That’s answered in one of the FAQs (sticky posats) here; http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewforum/36/
Have a read through them (hint; one of them has a possible answer to your question).

But the obvious point is; Why don’t you ask your trainer? Or did they point you here? They know what you’re doing and how much work you’re putting in. They presumably have some knowledge of nutrition, so they’re much better placed to answer your question than some people who haven’t met you.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009

Posted: 30 May 2013 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-05-30

Hi. It might be worthwhile getting a cortisol test done, if you have any adrenal issues it is difficult to add muscle.

Posted: 18 July 2013 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-07-18

A tiny little guy joined our gym a year ago and the trainers put him on a gallon of whole (non-pasturized) milk per day…........sounds stupid ............HE IS NOW A CROSSFIT TRAINER