Soreness just above Knee Caps
Posted: 04 June 2013 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2012-05-16

Hey y’all,

This past week I’ve been dealing with discomfort in the muscles on the top inside the knee cap. Not on the sides or in the middle. But just on the top (and slightly to the inside on both knees). It’s almost like its the very bottom of the quad where it connects to the cap.

It started after last Monday (8 days ago) I did RX’d Murph for the first time and ever since then my body just hasn’t felt right. I was feeling great just before and every workout since has been a slogfest. Not sure if that’s normal or not but man that WOD really hit my body hard.

Anyways, back to my knees. After a year of CF this is the first time dealing with knee pain. It feels more like a muscle strain than anything else. It’s fine while I’m walking or sitting but as soon as I try to squat or kneel down it hits me pretty hard. My thought is the 300 squats did a once over to knees that weren’t use to that type of volume.

I’m not asking for a diagnosis (unless you have an idea what is) but has anyone else dealt with a similar “injury” and if so, what did you do help in recovery?

Thanks

Signature 

M/32/6’2’‘/245# :( up from 225 a year ago.

Compare to 330# in 2009

Warm up: two rounds of 10 air squats, 1 min hamstring stretch, 10 push-ups, 5 pull ups, 5 dips, 10 deep squats holding on to a poll for perfect form, 10 sit ups, 200 m run, 5 KTE.

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. - Aristotle.

Posted: 06 June 2013 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3673
Joined  2007-12-23

have you got out your foam roller and spent time on your quads and calves? I also like to use an arnica gel to massage such areas and I take homeopathic arnica as well. It really does sound like it was the squats.

Signature 

CrossFit start date September 2007, joined the these boards December 2007

“Real strength never impairs beauty or harmony, but it often bestows it; and in everything imposingly beautiful, strength has much to do with the magic.”
- Hermin Melville

F/52yrs

Posted: 06 June 2013 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2012-05-16

I did some foam work yesterday which relieved some of the discomfort but I really think it’s just needs rest (which CF doesn’t believe in). Since I posted this a few days ago the pain has gotten better.

Signature 

M/32/6’2’‘/245# :( up from 225 a year ago.

Compare to 330# in 2009

Warm up: two rounds of 10 air squats, 1 min hamstring stretch, 10 push-ups, 5 pull ups, 5 dips, 10 deep squats holding on to a poll for perfect form, 10 sit ups, 200 m run, 5 KTE.

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. - Aristotle.