I am very Lucky
Posted: 16 July 2013 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3675
Joined  2007-12-23

I’ve written from time to time on this forum about various injuries that have befallen me in my CrossFit career but this last week on Thursday afternoon I was both statistically unlucky but I’m alive so I’m very lucky.

I’ve been getting allergy shots for around 18 months now with only some very slight itchyness at the injection site and had gotten into the habit of being checked after 15 minutes and heading out.
So that’s what I did on Thursday as I needed to pick my son up from a day camp.
When I got to my car, it was parked in the shade, I felt pretty hot and sweaty so rolled down the windows to cool it off and was sitting there when I thought “yuck I feel like I need to throw up”. Got out of the car, sat on the curb, lay down on the rocks in front of the car.
Luckily before I passed out completely I thought this is wrong! I am not in good shape! Managed to stagger across the parking lot to the building when someone came by and asked if I needed help. “allergist, 2nd floor” was all I got out, but apparently in was enough as help did come.
An epinephrine shot—BP 70 over 52, shot of benedryl, BP 75 over 57, another shot of epinephrine, another of benedryl, and a steriod shot. The EMTs arrived and I got a trip to the ER.

Very Very Lucky, very very happy I did not just get in the car and drive off before it really hit me.

So that’s why I didn’t do as well as I hoped at my “warm-up” lifting meet this past Saturday, The real meet is in two weeks so I should be good to go.

Signature 

CrossFit start date September 2007, joined the these boards December 2007

“Real strength never impairs beauty or harmony, but it often bestows it; and in everything imposingly beautiful, strength has much to do with the magic.”
- Hermin Melville

F/52yrs

Posted: 17 July 2013 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1036
Joined  2011-03-07

Ouch!
I’m happy to keep seeing your avatar and posting for many years to come!
Take care Magdawg!

Signature 

CFDB november 2010. “Resurrected” January 7 2013
On ramp at: http://crossfitvastkusten.se/
Now back to work out on my own.
“Compete against others and you become bitter. Compete against your self and you become better”
M 46/218/6,2

Posted: 17 July 2013 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1683
Joined  2008-02-14

Glad everything turned out okay, Margaret.

‹‹ Push up question      Happy Birthday Garddawg ››