myofascial release techniques - which balls should be used?
Posted: 25 July 2013 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-07-25

I think evereybody knows the problem of tensed-up back muscles. On youtube I found some videos of myofascial release techniques which can be used at home easily to massage your back by yourself. To do this the only things you need are a small ball and a wall or a floor. The ball is put between back and wall/floor and is directed to the right spots by moving your back in accordance with that. While doing this, the ball is working on your trigger points and hopefully relaxing your muscles after a while…
On the videos different balls are used (golfballs, tennisballs, lacrosseballs) so that it´s not clear which type of balls are most suitable. So I´m asking you. Do you know these techniques and which balls do think work best?

Best regards
Nando

Posted: 25 July 2013 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13223
Joined  2007-01-30

Must resist…

Anyway, I’ve always used the lacrosse balls, but have started family members out on the tennis balls so they get an idea how it works without tons of discomfort right off….

I’ve never used golf balls, but I could see how they might help in the right situation…

TP

Signature 

The common denominator of success—- the secret of success of every man who has ever been successful—- lies in the fact that he formed the habit of doing things that failures don’t like to do.—Albert Grey

“Really Connor? Really?”—Jeff Martin

http://rantopedia.blogspot.com/ (my blog)
http://www.facebook.com/patrick.hoffman1

M-47/5’11”/180lbs

There’s a reason they don’t call it “Fight Gone Good”.

Posted: 29 July 2013 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-07-25

Well, not much response till now! But thanks TP! You seem to me like a very honest and trustable man. So I will take the high financial risk and buy some lacrosse balls.

Is anybody here, who knows a good European or, even better, a German shop, that sells lacrosse balls?

Posted: 21 August 2013 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9771
Joined  2007-01-08
nando - 29 July 2013 05:56 AM

Well, not much response till now! But thanks TP! You seem to me like a very honest and trustable man. So I will take the high financial risk and buy some lacrosse balls.

Is anybody here, who knows a good European or, even better, a German shop, that sells lacrosse balls?

Hockey balls are almost exactly the same size.
Get a plastic practise hockey ball or two and that will do as well.

Cricket balls are very close too.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009

Posted: 30 August 2013 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2013-03-11
nando - 29 July 2013 05:56 AM

I found them at Sports Authority. $3.00 USD per each

Signature 

M/40/5’7”/165

“Burpees don’t like you either”