Weekly Program, effectiveness
Posted: 02 September 2013 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2013-09-02

Hello everyone.

First I want to say : Sorry for my English it may contain faults as I’m from Switzerland, but I promise to do my best.

Second I really hope I’m not asking a FAQ! wink

Ok so next month I will start sport again. Crossfit and Krav Maga. I will be coming out of a 5 week rest (vacation and forced rest) argh!

Now I have a affiliate crossfit club not far from my house but, I don’t have enough money and the timing doesn’t suite me. So I can only do workouts at home…or outside for the running part. My material and capacity are limited at home because I live in a small flat and my underfloor neighbor doesn’t like the sound of a men working out hard! wink

I have a pull-up bar and parallel bars for dips and a backpack full of small weights…....that’s about it haha! Oh and a heavy bag (still wondering how I convinced my GF for that one! XD)

1. I was wondering if adding weight (with a backpack) to the bodyweight exercises was efficient for strengh training ? I know it’s not as good but is it good anyway ? How should I approche that type of Workout ? A cindy with 5 or 10kg?

2. I was also wondering if you could help me on finding a way to train the metcons and gym and “weightlifting” (I guess do a proper crossfit training) with only 4 to 5 days per week when I can workout..

Here is my weekly schedule : Monday Workout / Tuesday Krav Maga / Wednesday Workout / Thursday Krav Maga or Workout / Friday rest / Saturday Workout / Sunday Running workout…

Thank you in advance!

Posted: 03 September 2013 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1662
Joined  2008-02-14

Regarding schedule:  There is nothing wrong with your planned workout schedule.  You’ll want to ensure that your getting adequate rest (meaning days off) for recovery.  Follow the posted WODs on your workout days.

As far as adding weight to workouts, let me first say that I’m not a trainer.  That said, I think it should be the minority of workouts where you have added weight.  If you are just starting with CrossFit I’d say to forget about the idea until you are posting FireBreather results.

Posted: 02 October 2013 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Joined  2013-09-02

Hi!

Ok I’m starting today my first session since 5 weeks.

But not all the WODs post are suitable with my room and material capacity. How would you convert certain of the exercice ?

I know weightlifting is very important and I would love to do, but the only thing I have is some weights that I can put in a bag…

Anyway I’ll follow the cindy workout tonight

Thanks

Posted: 02 October 2013 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  563
Joined  2009-07-07
Marc - 02 October 2013 03:38 AM

Hi!

Ok I’m starting today my first session since 5 weeks.

But not all the WODs post are suitable with my room and material capacity. How would you convert certain of the exercice ?

I know weightlifting is very important and I would love to do, but the only thing I have is some weights that I can put in a bag…

Anyway I’ll follow the cindy workout tonight

Thanks

Is there any place you can workout, outside of your flat? May be a lawn area or an area clear of buildings. If you can not afford the cost of Crossfit training maybe joining a smaller local gym that has free weights. Workout at in a park.

There are several things you can make your self. I made a medicine ball out of a basketball and sand, a kettlebell out of a basketball, cement and some PVC pipe. Building a box for box jumps is pretty easy. You can fill a PVC pipe with water or sand (or anything to add weight) for a make shift barbell. Save up some money and get some dumbbells. etc….. just be creative.

Here are a few links for homemade equipment.

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/equipmentandlinks.html
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/04/23/the-diy-gym-8-pieces-of-equipment-that-will-get-you-strong-save-you-money/
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=12159&page=1

Signature 

“If you’re not afraid of your workout you’re not working out hard enough”
NEVER walk away from your bar! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! - Jeff Martin

Posted: 03 October 2013 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Joined  2013-09-02

Well life in Europe and typcally Switzerland is very different than the U.S

The appartements are very small the cities are very enclaved and small it is really difficult to find any place where you have room to actually workout! Plus surrounding the buildings you wouldn’t be allowed to do olympic weightlifiting! I’m not trying to find excuses it is really not a convenient place to workout! I prefer the US!

Swiss people are quite people living at home that don’t want anything disturbing them, which include noise! So come out in front of the building and make noise with a bar hitting the ground and you will be sure the get complains, anywhere else that has concrete the owner’s will sue you for destroying their concrete (that includes the town’s terrain)

Now gym’s in Switzerland are very expensive, too expensive. The crossfit local is probably cheaper than the gym’s here, but I can’t afford for the time.

But yes now I’ll try to be more creative and I’ll get some dumbbells I’m sure I can find solution in that line…Thanks for the links! I’m defenetly going to find solutions!

‹‹ beginner      Hand Issues from Pull-ups ››