Why so much squat
Posted: 26 September 2013 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-09-25

Hi,

I’m trying to do WODs and I realized that there are some kind of squats almost every day. Why is that? I want to make chest workouts more often but also I’m not sure which one is correct.

I’m newbie as you can imagine. So it would be appreciated if you can give some advise.

Thanks a lot.

Posted: 26 September 2013 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  666
Joined  2012-07-04

If you want general fitness there will be a lot of squatting. Not much you can change about that.

Why the chest exercises? Sports specific or just that you like them better?

Signature 

M 30/1.79 m/76 kg

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday. - John Wayne

Posted: 28 September 2013 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-09-25

Like them better

Posted: 28 September 2013 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  666
Joined  2012-07-04

You know what they say: No pain, no gain.

If your only goal whatsoever is to have fun in the gym, go ahead do your own program. Crossfit won’t be the right thing for you.

However if you aim for real fitness, strength or skills in some sport, look up a suitable program and follow it through. For general fitness Crossfit is fun and effective, but you will have to do a lot of things like squatting.

Hopefully you realise that training is about more than bench press and flexing your biceps. Look forward to seeing some WOD results from you.

Signature 

M 30/1.79 m/76 kg

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday. - John Wayne

Posted: 28 September 2013 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9609
Joined  2007-01-08

Swedfalcoln is being nice about it, I’ll be more direct.

Coming here asking questions and not posting your WOD results is rude.
You say you’re WODding, please post your results or go bother someone else.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009