Losing too much weight?
Posted: 07 October 2013 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-10-07

What is up BrandX!

I’m not exactly “new” here, but I haven’t posted before. I’ve been working out for a solid 4 months, and I started Crossfit about a month ago using the WODs from this site and recently the WODs from strengthcamp for strength gains.

I know you don’t need all this but I’m in a bit of a bind; I’m losing too much weight.

Let me break a regular day down for you, since I don’t know where else I need to go.

I usually get up around 6, head to the gym around 7 and I’m done by 8:30. My workouts consist of the WOD at a scaled down weight(not scaled down by reps or sets), and then the WOD posted on the strengthcamp site. I have a protein shake after, which is usually before 9. After that, I usually don’t eat until 10.

Once 10 comes around, I have a tuna sandwich with some fruit and nuts.

I usually eat lunch before noon since I walk to class, which consists of another tuna sandwich with veggies and a fiber bar.

I won’t eat again until around 4, which is then another tuna sandwich with brown rice and more veggies, and whatever we are having for dinner.

I’m also planning to start taking creatine(today is the first day I’ve taken it).

Before you post, yes I love tuna. I know I need more to my diet, but I don’t know what to add without going over budget. I need help.

Before doing Crossfit, I weighed 165lbs. I weigh ~140lbs right now. I’m getting cut, but I’m not gaining exactly gaining much muscle.

Any suggestions?(sorry for all the info, I don’t know exactly what is needed.)

Also, I don’t usually feel hungry until after I workout, and my workouts go great. The weight I do isn’t HIGH, but it’s usually above 100.

Oh and I also intermittent fast. I only eat from 10-6, with an exception for my protein shake and now creatine.

Signature 

“If you can’t do something, you must.”

Posted: 07 October 2013 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  689
Joined  2013-03-15

If I were you, I would eat more and drink a good bit of whole milk (unless lactose intolerant). Healthy fats are good to add (avocados, nuts, etc.) also.

Signature 

Murph

M - 195lbs - 5’10” - 39
CF DOB - Jan 2013

“Sometimes God calms the storm. At other times, he calms the sailor. And sometimes he makes us swim.”

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK Jr.

Posted: 08 October 2013 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Joined  2013-10-07

I tried adding milk/nuts/pb and I’m just overstuffed. Should I have two protein shakes or just stick to one?

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2013 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3675
Joined  2007-12-23

perhaps you wouldn’t be so stuffed if you ceased the intermittant fasting. Eat when you get up before your workout have another snack before you go to bed, by all means add another shake, maybe put peanut butter in your shakes and avocado on your tuna sandwiches

Signature 

CrossFit start date September 2007, joined the these boards December 2007

“Real strength never impairs beauty or harmony, but it often bestows it; and in everything imposingly beautiful, strength has much to do with the magic.”
- Hermin Melville

F/52yrs

Posted: 08 October 2013 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  994
Joined  2010-08-25

I’m no diet expert but I did weigh 165 same as you (currently increasing), started losing weight when i got into crossfit, and am a ‘hard gainer’.
To state the obvious, Have you linked your weight loss to the fasting? 
It’s now 6pm here and I just had a litre of whole milk, will have dinner around 7-8, and will have something like yoghurt and fruit/nuts before going to bed. That’s on top of breakfast, snack and lunch.

Signature 

M/47/80kg

Posted: 09 October 2013 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Joined  2013-10-07

The thing is I feel better fasting. My body feels healthy, and I’m always ready to go. I could try not fasting, but it’s routine for me now. I’ll give it a shot I guess.

Signature