Paleo (Mid Morning Crash)
Posted: 06 February 2014 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2014-01-29

I have been doing paleo for about 3 weeks typically 3 cheat meals a week or less. I eat a high protein and fat breakfast consisting of eggs and bacon or sausage and typically a piece of fruit. I feel great after the meal tons of energy and my skin has cleared up since being on paleo. Then after about 3 or 4 days i noticed that around 10:00-10:30 in the morning i kind of get a lackadaisical feeling and lose focus very easily and just don’t feel right. Some times get light headed standing up. I was wondering if anyone has been having these same issues and any tips on how to attack it.. i have thought of a couple options..

1. Get more (paleo) carbs for breakfast.
2. Protein shake around that time.
3. fruit and nut snack

any ideas or suggestions shoot them this way.

Signature 

M/6’1”/193/20

Posted: 06 February 2014 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  689
Joined  2013-03-15

What time of day do you usually work out? How many eggs do you have for breakfast?

Signature 

Murph

M - 195lbs - 5’10” - 39
CF DOB - Jan 2013

“Sometimes God calms the storm. At other times, he calms the sailor. And sometimes he makes us swim.”

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK Jr.

Posted: 06 February 2014 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2014-01-29
Murph99 - 06 February 2014 04:51 PM

What time of day do you usually work out? How many eggs do you have for breakfast?

Typically noon is my workout time so i am always eating lunch post workout around 1…. And i would say 3-4 eggs… they are farm fresh from my parents house and the chickens still aren’t full grown so 5-6 mini eggs plus sausage or bacon.

Signature 

M/6’1”/193/20

Posted: 07 February 2014 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2008-09-15
D_Ram - 06 February 2014 01:16 PM

I have been doing paleo for about 3 weeks typically 3 cheat meals a week or less. I eat a high protein and fat breakfast consisting of eggs and bacon or sausage and typically a piece of fruit. I feel great after the meal tons of energy and my skin has cleared up since being on paleo. Then after about 3 or 4 days i noticed that around 10:00-10:30 in the morning i kind of get a lackadaisical feeling and lose focus very easily and just don’t feel right. Some times get light headed standing up. I was wondering if anyone has been having these same issues and any tips on how to attack it.. i have thought of a couple options..

1. Get more (paleo) carbs for breakfast.
2. Protein shake around that time.
3. fruit and nut snack

any ideas or suggestions shoot them this way.

I dont see veggies but if you are not fully fat adapted then I would say you need carbs and veggies would get you nutrient dense options.  I would trial and error with some starchy carbs (sweet potatoes is what I like)  Seems to help me with zonking.  Make sure you are not dehydrated and taking in too much caffine (an issue for me).  In general, just eat more of the good stuff.  Dont fret about how much.  Eat till you are full with a focus on protein and veggies.  I pound the veggies when I am hitting it hard.  Good luck.  We are all different.  I am always adjusting.

Signature 

M/37 /6’1” 195

Posted: 10 February 2014 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  689
Joined  2013-03-15

Good advice; Also, i would say have something at 10am or so when you get that feeling if you are able to do so.

Signature 

Murph

M - 195lbs - 5’10” - 39
CF DOB - Jan 2013

“Sometimes God calms the storm. At other times, he calms the sailor. And sometimes he makes us swim.”

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” MLK Jr.