Which diet is the most effective?
Posted: 23 February 2014 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-02-23

Out of the following diets, which diet contributes to fastest weight loss?

1. Atkins diet
2. South Beach diet
3. Blood type diet.
4. GI diet

Thanx for your time.

Signature 

valuepointdistribution.com

Posted: 24 February 2014 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1683
Joined  2008-02-14

There’s no absolute answer to that question.  Each of those will have plenty of documented cases of extremely positive results.  It would also be no problem to find plenty of bashers for each of them.

How about a little more info about you and your goals?

Posted: 25 February 2014 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  2013-07-26
vishvanaar - 23 February 2014 04:25 AM

Out of the following diets, which diet contributes to fastest weight loss?

1. Atkins diet
2. South Beach diet
3. Blood type diet.
4. GI diet

Thanx for your time.

Welcome to the site.They probably all are effective to some degree.But if you are doing a Crossfit program which demands higher energy levels from the body you need adequate caloric intake to get thru the workouts.Some of these diets might not provide that. The weight loss comes from stored excess body fat being burned thru increased daily activity. When you reach a point that you have gotten rid of the bodyfat and gained new strength, You will actually start putting weight on because of newly acquired Muscle. The scale is good for measuring success at first but eventually how you look and feel will be the true measure of ones success. Good luck on your training. wink

Signature 

M/ 57/ 72.5”/ 265
F /52/ 59’’ /173 Olypowergal

The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; The Lord alone will be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11

Posted: 02 April 2014 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2014-04-02

The best diet is the one that works for you and the one that you can stick with!  That said, the diets mentioned are generally low carb and while I’ve heard of people doing Crossfit on ketogenic diets, I wouldn’t recommend it.  I know that for me, back loading my carbs until the end of the day (post workout) seems to work best.  I stay lean but refill my glycogen stores for the next days workout.  Like I said though, whatever works for YOU.  good luck!

Signature 

“It’s not the critic who counts.” -Teddy Roosevelt

Posted: 04 April 2014 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-02-18

People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger. So you can end up eating extra calories when an ice-cold glass of water is really what you need.

“If you don’t like plain water, try adding citrus or a splash of juice, or brew infused teas like mango or peach, which have lots of flavor but no calories,” says Cynthia Sass, RD, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association.