vegetarian turned full paleo,  day one
Posted: 16 March 2014 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2014-02-16

Let me introduce myself,  I have been doing a form of beginner’s crossfit for some month’s now but quickly hit a wall, today I my first piece of meat in 20 year’s.
I will update my progress and also track my workout results

Looking forward to improvements

Loving crossfit

Mark

Signature 

M-43-5.11”-224 lb back to paleo again, still lower than my constant high of 260lb two years ago

GETTING BETTER

Posted: 23 March 2014 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-16

Switching from meat to fish to reduce any impact that meat after 20 year’s being veggie

Feel better With the change in protein levels and low carbs, thought I would have had more to say but all has gone smoothly.

I should say that hunger drops in energy levels and not having a clear head are all a thing of the past.

Glad to be eating in a more positive way

Mark

Signature 

M-43-5.11”-224 lb back to paleo again, still lower than my constant high of 260lb two years ago

GETTING BETTER

Posted: 24 March 2014 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-16

[size=3]So paleo means
No
Ice cream
No
Cake
No
chocolate

But you can have
BACON!!!!!

How did I not eat bacon for so long?

Time for more bacon[/size]

Signature 

GETTING BETTER

Posted: 29 March 2014 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-16

Lost about 7lb and not Feeling hungry at all, did a scaled 14.5 then an hours bike ride with my boy and rushed out to an appointment and didn’t get to eat until 1pm and felt ok with this, no way could I have done this pre paleo without feeling unbearable brain fog and struggling to function

Rock on paleo,

“Time for bacon,
why what time is it?
Its always time for bacon!”
Mark

Signature 

GETTING BETTER

Posted: 08 April 2014 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-16

Lost my focus on food over the last couple of days,  wasn’t eating enough and found myself needing to eat sugar, the slide started with some paleo friendly snack bars called “nakd” bars and though they have none of the modern world bad stuff they have a load of carbohydrates this started the slide then some fruit juice and finally what a couple of months ago would have been a normal day with sweet treats ending in pasta!

Now I feel like dirt, 24 plus hours away from all that.

Lesson learned,  carbs are a drug. Fat is the fuel of choice. 

Getting better
Mark

Signature 

GETTING BETTER

Posted: 15 April 2014 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-16

The family wanted fish and chips after work,  I thought I’ll be ok having the fish, how wrong I was, it seems that a few weeks of mostly Stricked paleo and the batter on a piece of cod makes you feel like your stomach has taken a spray from a tin of expanding foam.

So note to future self, two hours after the fish and I’m still pumped up like basketball,  ok not as big as a basketball but it feels like that level of preasure

Processed carbs are evil

Learning every day

Mark

Signature 

GETTING BETTER

Posted: 24 August 2014 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-08-24

You are trying to eat Paleo and Im trying to be a vegetarian. =)

Signature 

Cancer survivor and owner of True-Iron Sports Nutrition (The Leader in All Natural Sports Nutrition)
http://www.trueiron.com