Catalyst athletics
Posted: 23 May 2014 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3547
Joined  2013-07-26

I know that some of the folks on our site use Catalyst Athletics for there Olympic lifting info. Karate Jones comes to mind. Karate weighs in at 177 lbs. and can snatch 220 Clean 264 and Deadlift 500. He must be doing something right with those numbers. BTW those lifts have Video evidence to substantiate there validity .  Gregg Everett runs Catalyst Athleteics and is an excellent coach from what I’ve seen and a Awesome Videographer to boot. His lifters Don’t do the huge numbers that you will see on other sites, But the athletes train with impeccable form. He posts a Daily Video that I look forward to from a coaching stand point every evening. The Variety and practicality of Movements demonstrated is well worth watching. The site also has lists of different durations of training cycles that one can tailor to there particular weaknesses .  For those of you who really want to make corrections to improve your Overhead lifts this is the site. Very Comprehensive. I have even seen some of his videos where he gets advice from Coach B. down at Mikes Gym. Smart young Man.  Heres a link. http://www.catalystathletics.com/media/video/video.php?videoID=897  Happy training folks

Signature 

M/ 57/ 72.5”/ 265
F /52/ 59’’ /173 Olypowergal

The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; The Lord alone will be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11

Posted: 23 May 2014 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  14104
Joined  2004-06-18

Greg lived and trained with Mike.

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 23 May 2014 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  3547
Joined  2013-07-26
Garddawg - 23 May 2014 11:44 AM

Greg lived and trained with Mike.

Not surprised, Mike and Leslie are known for their kindness and opening their home to folks, I was always impressed with the Burgener Clans hospitality.  The 400 mile round trip we did was worth the effort when I think of what Lea Ann and I gained from Coach B. and the work environment of his home gym. Mike has a No B.S. attitude . If you come there you better give your all or don’t waste his time , He’s not shy about telling you either LOL We all liked and respected how passionate he was . It made everyones mind set serious.  I guess that’s why Gregg’s training looked familiar. He learned from the best in my opinion. wink

Signature 

M/ 57/ 72.5”/ 265
F /52/ 59’’ /173 Olypowergal

The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; The Lord alone will be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11