Corporal Ryan C. McGhee, 21, was killed in action on May 13, 2009 by small arms fire during combat in central Iraq. He served with 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment of Fort Benning, Ga. This was his fourth deployment, his first to Iraq. Ryan was engaged to Ashleigh Mitchell of Fredericksburg, VA. He is survived by his father Steven McGhee of Myrtle Beach S.C., his mother Sherrie Battle McGhee, and his brother Zachary.
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
185 pound Deadlift, 5 reps
9 Box jumps, 20 inch box
9 rounds + 5 deadlifts, 13 push-ups, and 5 box jumps.
RIP CPL, we’ve got the watch.
Well done and well said Goathead.Looks like we shared the same fraternity( Picture from Anchor) . Thanks for your service, and enjoy the weekend
What a disastrous wreck. I was getting really wobbly pressing upwards, which I think is because I was using a machine designed to mimic dumbbell shoulder presses. Normally, I can press around 140 or so, so to struggle with half that just felt, well, not right. What I should have done was press barbells instead. That would have led to a more satisfying result.
Cash-out: 25 minutes on the bike, 18mph as per usual
Pack minus a bit:
AMRAP in 20 mins of
95# DL, 5 rep
9 BJ, 15”
- 8 rounds + 5 DL, 13 Pushup, 2 BJ (completed the 9th round as the timer beeped)
- I could have done some more weight on the DL
- Pushups strict, mostly broken into sets of 10-3
- BJ slow but they don’t feel as horrid as they used to
- Shoulder and hip mobility/droms
- Wall-facing Squat(chest to wall, arms OH), hold
- 2 RNFT of
15 Dimmel DL, 15#
2 Ring Dips
10 Reverse Lunge
10 Bottom of the Squat Pass-thrus
10 Dowel OHS
4 Ring Inversion + Back Roll
5 sec. German Hang
- Double-unders x 102-14-3
- A bunch of step-ups and box jumps
- DL, 45#x5, 65# x 5, 75# x 5, 85# x 4, 90# x 4, 95# x 4