Total Posts:  913
Joined  2011-01-04

Ok guys.
I know I have some issues with this lift
The weight was 120 #
Thanks in advance for any advice.
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/100728188[/vimeo]

Signature 

“All brave men love; for he only is brave who has affections to fight for, whether in the daily battle of life, or in physical contests.”
                                                                                                        Nathaniel Hawthorne

M 37
5’ 11”
CF DOB 2010

Posted: 14 July 2014 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8567
Joined  2004-07-08

Good overhead position.

Your first lift, you shot your hip up first. Take the slack out of the bar.
Second lift from the hang we better. Hips were muted and a little forward.

My suggestion is you stay with the hang power snatch first. This will work the second pull and get your hips involved. Once you are comfortable with that, go back to pulling from the floor to that second pull position.

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

Posted: 14 July 2014 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2011-01-04
BIG D - 14 July 2014 12:00 PM

Good overhead position.

My suggestion is you stay with the hang power snatch first. This will work the second pull and get your hips involved. Once you are comfortable with that, go back to pulling from the floor to that second pull position.

Thanks Big D
When I looked at video I can see my hips move first. I almost made it a straight leg DL.

Signature 

“All brave men love; for he only is brave who has affections to fight for, whether in the daily battle of life, or in physical contests.”
                                                                                                        Nathaniel Hawthorne

M 37
5’ 11”
CF DOB 2010

Posted: 14 July 2014 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  3504
Joined  2013-07-26
jennmedic - 14 July 2014 12:09 PM

Good overhead position.

Thanks Big D
When I looked at video I can see my hips move first. I almost made it a straight leg DL.

Timing was off on power snatch nearly all back but you pointed that out, Hang snatch was best lift. The upright angle of your back got everything firing in proper sequence. Snatch was a little off but not to bad, knees still shooting forward on landing causing you to go on toes. I’m looking forward to seeing your improvement with the new Olympic shoes.I think they will make a big difference on your pulls and sitting your landings.Glad to see you are spending the extra time on these lifts ,It shows. Good Job Brother

Signature 

M/ 57/ 72.5”/ 265
F /52/ 59’’ /173 Olypowergal

The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; The Lord alone will be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11

Posted: 14 July 2014 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2011-01-04
OPG57 - 14 July 2014 12:18 PM
jennmedic - 14 July 2014 12:09 PM

Good overhead position.

Thanks Big D

Timing was off on power snatch nearly all back but you pointed that out, Hang snatch was best lift. The upright angle of your back got everything firing in proper sequence. Snatch was a little off but not to bad, knees still shooting forward on landing causing you to go on toes. I’m looking forward to seeing your improvement with the new Olympic shoes.I think they will make a big difference on your pulls and sitting your landings.Glad to see you are spending the extra time on these lifts ,It shows. Good Job Brother

Thanks Guy
You should have seen this lift about a year ago. It was ugly. I will continue to work on these lifts thanks for the support.

Signature 

Nathaniel Hawthorne

M 37
5’ 11”
CF DOB 2010