407 lbs bench in my old   Bench shirt
Posted: 06 August 2014 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3513
Joined  2013-07-26

Retiring my old Bench Shirt and sending it to my 37 year old Son. It was fun to take it out for one last bench session. I was happy to still handle over 400 in it at 57 years old. I’ve done 434 lbs. in this shirt in past. I have 429 attempt in Videos section.  http://vimeo.com/102541321

Signature 

M/ 57/ 72.5”/ 265
F /52/ 59’’ /173 Olypowergal

The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; The Lord alone will be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11

Posted: 06 August 2014 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2014-05-18

Never heard of a bench shirt.  It reminds me of the neoprene tops that we wear when we go surfing around October/November.  I’ve almost drowned myself in one of those before.  If you go over the falls and jump straight down, they can come up over your head, so when you finally get back to the surface, you have to pull that thing back down or off before you can breath.  Good times…  LOL

Signature 

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

1 Corinthians 9:25 All athletes are disciplined in their training.  They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.

Why do I workout?  To make light of heavy situations.

M/34/5’10”/185

Posted: 06 August 2014 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3513
Joined  2013-07-26
TM79 - 06 August 2014 06:06 PM

Never heard of a bench shirt.  It reminds me of the neoprene tops that we wear when we go surfing around October/November.  I’ve almost drowned myself in one of those before.  If you go over the falls and jump straight down, they can come up over your head, so when you finally get back to the surface, you have to pull that thing back down or off before you can breath.  Good times…  LOL

They started using them in the 80s. John Inzer held the patent rights for years. After patent rights ran out Titan Support Systems started making them . Much better product. They were also Lea Anns sponsor 3 years before she was National and World champion. They gave us all her Equipment when she wasn’t even known in sport yet. Pete Alaniz The President did that for a lot of up and coming no name lifters. Awesome Guy. And a top notch suit maker. His stuff is the only equipment I will ever wear. Ill pass on the drowning part with neoprene. I used to have all my own Scuba gear. So I know what you mean. Take care.

Signature 

M/ 57/ 72.5”/ 265
F /52/ 59’’ /173 Olypowergal

The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; The Lord alone will be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11

Posted: 07 August 2014 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2014-05-18

Looked at their website and they seem to be a great company, supporting upcoming athletes and their products look good too.  Two thumbs up here.  cool smile

Signature 

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

1 Corinthians 9:25 All athletes are disciplined in their training.  They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.

Why do I workout?  To make light of heavy situations.

M/34/5’10”/185