Posted: 10 August 2006 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2004-06-24

your comedic timing….

....is surpassed by no one.

Signature 

Im always thinking one step ahead…like a carpenter building stairs.

Patience, n.—A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.

Posted: 11 August 2006 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14215
Joined  2004-06-18

8-11-2006

I don’t think lack of aggression or the abscence of war is a good definition for safety or peace.  Better to go with the abscence of threat.

Listened to Travis Tritt “Love of a Woman” on the way in this morning.  Good song.

Recieved a couple emails from my friend TJ Cooper.  Check out his website when you have a chance.  http://www.ccijax.com

Shout out to the tip of the spear.  Thanks.

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

Follow us on Twitter:
@TheBrandXMethod
https://twitter.com/TheBrandXMethod

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 11 August 2006 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1251
Joined  2006-02-06

Cool website!

Listened to “America F#$* Yeah!” from Team America on the way in to work this morning.

That soundtrack INSPIRES me.

A

Signature 

Yeah um…there is a REASON they call him SATAN!
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
- Japanese proverb
CHECK OUT PREGGO/POST PARTUM WORKOUTS AT http://WWW.CROSSFITMOM.COM

Posted: 11 August 2006 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1391
Joined  2006-01-31

it is so easy to go up to a random person, ask them for their name, phone number, and additional personal information.  you don’t have to give any incentive.

when you want someone to do something, ask them over the phone.  people have a natural inclination to agree to your demands when asked over the phone.

it really bugs me when people take a phone call, say “hello”, notice that no one is responding on the other end, and still feel the need to say “hello” multiple times thereafter, each time consecutively louder, as if that will somehow fix the problem.

you’re sleeping on a plane and for some reason or another, someone finds a way to wake you up just so he/she can talk.  f@(\< off, i’m sleeping.

more later.

Posted: 11 August 2006 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2006-02-06

My subject for today’s soap box moment is…World Trade Center the movie.

Good movie, STUPID people. These 2 ladies…you know the type, Poway, well-to-do, big bling, and their 5 bratty teenaged kids come in and sit behind me. They are rude, disrespectful and loud, which is annoying enough. THEN, one of the little punks LAUGHS when the movie depicts people jumping from the first tower. I quietly turn around and tell them to shut up, also mention this isn’‘t FICTION and that is depicting someone’s loved one…they LAUGHED.

I had to get up and move, and then the MOM’s thought that was FUNNY.

If it had been my kid, I would not have been amused that a grown up had to move their seat because my child had been disruptive. He would have been in SO much trouble. The adults…frankly, worse than the kids.

Grrrrr.

A

Signature 

- Japanese proverb

Posted: 11 August 2006 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

Rude people- Ick. Might there be a special hell for them ?
Made up of other peoples annoying and rude children never given any correction discipline or direction.  Take heart ! They are good friends with their children ! Ick. make me puke.  They have cell phones, left on during the movie. And loud foil covered candy.  Kicking chairs and spitting popcorn. Really I just want to stand up and bitch slap the parents, after that, immediate sterilization should ensue.

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 11 August 2006 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2006-02-06

BBOJ

I went to the movies alone. I think I should have called you. THAT would have made for interesting headlines.

The laughing when the jumpers started…I really wanted to bitch slap people at that point.

:twisted:  BCCF

Signature 

- Japanese proverb

Posted: 12 August 2006 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  846
Joined  2005-11-13

OK, completely different subject, though I’m completely with you on the rude people in theaters…

The word “Fair.”

I had a conversation not too long ago with one of my Marines, who spent considerable time and effort explaining how there were many things that are not “fair.”  He mentioned that some people get choice assignments while others continue endlessly through the deployment cycle, how some people always seem to end up with the “s**t jobs” while others come up smelling like roses every time, etc etc ad nauseum.  I let him work himself up into a good old fashioned whining and complaining roll, then cut him off with:

“You’re right.  It’s NOT fair.  I don’t WANT it to be fair, and neither should you.”

Taking his silence as consent to continue, I followed up.  The rest isn’t verbatim, but close:

The Marine Corps, much like life, is not fair.  It’s not supposed to be fair.  It’s a meritocracy.  Some people keep getting the “good” jobs, while others continually find themselves with the thankless drudgery.  There is a reason for this.  The country was built on the premise, among other premises, that you can achieve anything you want to, provided you put the effort in and possess the skill and work ethic required.  Some of us may never be Olympic atheletes, but we can darn sure spend our lives striving toward that level of performance and it would be a life well spent in that regard.  Nobody, however, is going to walk up and hand you a choice assigment or dream job.  You make your own luck. 

The people who get the choice assignments are the ones who have done one very simple thing - they proved they could handle it.  They earned it.  They took one of the “s**t jobs” and made it something effective.  They made their mark everywhere they went.  Therefore, when the time came for selection for the next good job, their name was at the head of the list.

I don’t WANT life to be fair.  If it were, I would have an equal chance as anyone and everyone else.  I WANT my unfair advantage, because I’ve worked damn hard to get it.  I want my kids, whenever they come along, to have to compete for every advantage possible, because I want them to know the value of earning it.  I want them to play team sports in which a winner and loser is decided by performance, and score is kept.  I want my Marines to understand that they will not get an award just for “being there,” that they will not get a choice assignment for doing the military equivalent of punching the clock and nothing else.

You want a good job?  Become a proven performer.  You want more money?  Get educated, work harder than the next person.

I WANT life to remain unfair.  It’s how the opportunity to excel comes about.  If everyone wins, nobody wins.

OK, I’m off the soapbox.

Signature 

"Xerxes does not want your lives, sir" the emissary called.  "Only your weapons."

Leonidas laughed.  "Tell him to come and get them."

Posted: 12 August 2006 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2006-02-06

Brilliant Gunner! Brilliant!!

Signature 

- Japanese proverb

Posted: 12 August 2006 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2004-08-19

me too Gunner.

Signature 

M/31/5’10”/175#

CrossFit Brand X Poway

Posted: 12 August 2006 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
Joined  2004-06-18

Gunnar,
Get out of my head.

Signature 

Follow us on Twitter:
@TheBrandXMethod

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 12 August 2006 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

It was not fair that I did not die on the battlefield either.  There are always two angles on the fair thing, one is the one where everything is worse than how you have it…

Good job explaining, hopefully he got it. Who is John Galt ?

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 12 August 2006 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  4864
Joined  2004-08-27

BCCF- I’m so sorry! That is one of my pet peeves, rudeness. And I would have paid money to see you and BBoJ * slap those moms! That would have been some good entertainment!

Gunner- That was very weird reading what you wrote. I swear I heard GD’s voice saying the words! By the way, that was fantastic. I can just picture the look on the guys face… :?

Signature 

I hate burpees
I hate box jumps

Posted: 14 August 2006 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
Joined  2004-06-18

How can so many bad drivers be on the road at 6:00 a.m?

Good to hear from Jim.  Glad things are moving in the right direction.

Subjected Connor and Keegan to a little “Ole Tyme” Country yesterday.

“East bound and down, loaded up and truckin’,
we’re gonna do what they say can’t be done.
We’ve got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
I’m east bound, just watch ol’ “Bandit” run.”

“I Love - leaves in the wind,
Pictures of my friends,
Birds of the world - and squirrels.
I Love - coffee in a cup,
Little fuzzy pups,
Bourbon in a glass - and grass
And I love you too.”

Keegan is going to use it in his stand up routine when he grows up.

Eliminate?

Signature 

Follow us on Twitter:
@TheBrandXMethod

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 15 August 2006 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
Joined  2004-06-18

I tell the boys all the time that I don’t care about the “why” of bad behaviour.  I don’t care, at all, that he did this so you did that.  Don’t care.  What I care about is the bad behaviour.

In the same vein, I don’t care about the “why” of a crime.  Not relavent to me.  I really don’t care why somoone would plant a bomb and kill innocent people.  I’m tired of reading articles and hearing news stories that amount to excuses for murderous actions.

Signature 

Follow us on Twitter:
@TheBrandXMethod

M/54/5’11”/190

2 of 22

‹‹ Wall street Journal article      OSC ››