2 of 2
What are your staple Zone meals ? I need Help ...
Posted: 09 December 2006 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2005-11-30

Laura:  I have a nutritionist that has a PHD.  He is big on staying away from animal fat from meat, but he says milk fat (cream) is used very well by the body without arterial sclerosis if you work out regularly.  Guess thatís us!  He recommends one part heavy cream to six parts water as a milk substitute.  Sounds crazy but he says it is better for you than milk.  I still need to do the math to see how this equates to fat blocks. 

He says Stevia is a good sugar substitute. 

I am probably the last to learn this, but a pharmacist today told me that the US is the only country that allows high fructose syrup to be used in food.  He said it has 200% more carbs than regular sugar, and it does not trigger the brain so you never get a signal that you have had enough.  This is why people can drink a 20 oz. soda and be ready for more.  The original soft drinks were purposefully laced with ingredients to make you addicted.  It is the same game.

Signature 

Those that do, can; those who don’t think you’re lucky.
Those that have never tried are the first to criticize.
Those that blame others can never improve.
Those that have no goals, go nowhere.
Those that accept little, get little.

Posted: 01 February 2007 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  916
Joined  2005-08-25

Just made this great dinner that is totally zone friendly! Thought someone might find this useful:

1 pound broccoli
1 avocado
2 tbls. extra virgin olive oil (as Rachel Ray puts it, “a little e.v.o.o.”)
2 tbls. fresly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbls. grainy prepared mustard

Steam the broccoli until it is crunchy-tender and bright green, then drain & cool.
Cut the avocado into small cubes and then fold into avocado.
Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard together and toss w/broccoli and avocado.

I added shrimp to satisfy my protein intake.

This should be 4 servings, so a meal for a 3 block person. (you might want to play w/the amount of broccoli to satisfy the carbs intake)

Signature 

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

Posted: 01 February 2007 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  2570
Joined  2005-10-27

Okay Nichole, Now we’re talking. This sounds a lot more appetizing than that scrambled tofu recipe you sent me…which I am still planning to try…just as soon as I get my nerve up.  smile

Posted: 01 February 2007 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  4864
Joined  2004-08-27

Eeewww! Even I don’t like that stuff! Broccoli, however, is fantastic. I’ll try it!

Signature 

I hate burpees
I hate box jumps

Posted: 02 February 2007 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2004-08-19

I could eat broccoli with my hands behind my back.

Signature 

M/31/5’10”/175#

CrossFit Brand X Poway

Posted: 02 February 2007 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

Marla loves meat.

Lucky, do we have to watch ?  Will it be anything like the coconut incident of 2005 ?  and where is Rogue Dawg ?

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

2 of 2