6 of 6
U.S. children showing hardening of arteries
Posted: 25 January 2007 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

Interesting that the health of the cattle, what it eats and its subsequent fattiness was mentioned…. I was trying to correlate the health of the human, what it eats and its subsequent fattiness…
Grains are worse than grass
Grains are worse than vegetables
excessive consumption of grains ( bread rice pasta ) correlate highly with
the above mentioned
hyperinsulinism
metabolic derangement and
syndrome X.

Reduce grain consumption….accelerate vegetable ....less fattiness.

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 25 January 2007 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  14104
Joined  2004-06-18

Decreased fattiness….

Increased performance…...

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 25 January 2007 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

I got nuthin.

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 25 January 2007 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  14104
Joined  2004-06-18

Drop the potato and back away slowly…..

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 25 January 2007 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

SPRINT away from the potato!

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 25 January 2007 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  2570
Joined  2005-10-27

I say we throw the potato at the execs who refuse to make life a little easier for us all. A quick, healthy choice for a busy running-around-town mom doesn’t seem like too much to ask.

Posted: 28 January 2007 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2005-11-30

Irish:  Yes, Yes Yes. I am glad you brought this up; perhaps the tread will not die!  I like to think that people are good.  I think a small percentage is not. I do think that in a lot of cases people are just stupid.  I fall in that category some times and hope people will give me the benefit of the doubt.  If you know me well, you will know I dont have a thread of mean and you can figure it was miss communication.

If you assume the person is really a sh__, and you are wrong, and decide to do something about it, it could be very messy.  If you assume the person is a sh__ and you are correct, and you decide to do something about it, it could also get messy.  Most of the time the person is unconscious and your effort will go for naught, or they will become unconscious due to a sharp punch placed appropriately (not my style). And either way the person will likely not change.  You can not enlighten the unconscious!  If it makes you happy, go for it.  Do I really care what the creeps think?  Is the creep worth my effort?  Do they have some control over me?  If it is worthwhile, I will try to pursue constructive change, and if this is not possible, I will try to get justice. 

People that say hurtful things are little in heart and self esteem and who cares what they think!

If you are not going to try and change the person, or take some other appropriate action, then you are faced with your own thoughts as was the case here.  You can assume the worst and let it get you.  Or you can assume stupid and put it behind you. What they were really thinking is unimportant and this is a good tool not to waste thoughts on idiots. 

There is a great video called What the Bleep do we Know? that is available for rental.  It is about quantum physics and how your perception of things is more important than reality.  Think the world is wonderful, and you will be happy.

Signature 

Those that do, can; those who don’t think you’re lucky.
Those that have never tried are the first to criticize.
Those that blame others can never improve.
Those that have no goals, go nowhere.
Those that accept little, get little.

Posted: 29 January 2007 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

Bobbi,
You do not have a mean cell in you.
Your intent is always good.

I would throw potatoes, just for fun. LOL

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 30 January 2007 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2005-11-30

Thank you! 

Spuds also are great fun in a potato launcher.  A piece of PVC pipe and a compressor can realy launch tose babies!

Signature 

Those that do, can; those who don’t think you’re lucky.
Those that have never tried are the first to criticize.
Those that blame others can never improve.
Those that have no goals, go nowhere.
Those that accept little, get little.

Posted: 20 March 2007 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2005-10-27

So after months of saying, “no,” I finally gave in to my children’s pleas today to visit Burger King. I have to say it was a terrible experience, not because the employees were unkind, the service was bad, the facility was dirty, or the food was cold. In fact, the opposite was true. All I could think about was the poison I was watching them eat. I don’t think I’ll ever say yes again. There are some things I will compromise, but willingly allowing my children to ingest cancer, obesity and heart disease no longer falls under that umbrella.

Signed, a shamed & convicted mother

(Perhaps I should have put this in the Brand X confessional. But anything “the bug” could dole out would be mild compared to the mental lashing I have been giving myself all afternoon.)
P.S. Sifu Jeff, Adam was not with us!!!

Posted: 20 March 2007 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Total Posts:  8570
Joined  2004-07-08

Ok GI first Adam misses his private and now this! :evil:

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

Posted: 21 March 2007 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2005-10-27
[quote author=“Go_Irish!”]P.S. Sifu Jeff, Adam was not with us!!!

Big D, Adam wouldn’t be caught dead at Burger King anymore. And I MADE him go to Disneyland, because I knew it would probably be the last time he would make that trip with us.  :( 
Poor Adam. He’s a victim of his mother’s forum posting!

Posted: 22 March 2007 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2006-08-01

I understand no Burger King, but what’s wrong with Disneyland???

Signature 

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
-Hebrews 12:11

Posted: 22 March 2007 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2004-08-19

I love Disneyland!!!

(I do not love Burger King, however.)

6 of 6