Zone Breakfasts
Posted: 11 March 2007 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3305
Joined  2006-02-17

Hi folks, Jane and I are embarking on the Zone together to augment our training.  We both have busy days so have made sure that our day-time quick snacks are all squared away.

Our breakfasts to date have been of the dead pig and eggs variety and although it Zone’s out pretty well I think 7 days a week is a bit much.  Any personal favourites or other suggestions? 

Dinners are ok, we have stolen some recipes from CF Manchester’s nutrition board (Karen is a genius!) as well as the Performance Menu among others.

Thanks in advance

Cheers, kempie

Signature 

Take a deep breath ... Now do it again!
http://www.crossfitnortheastengland.com

BX Coaching Gold - “your doing all the right stuff its just coming out all wrong. “
CFSB Dummie’s Playground

Posted: 22 March 2007 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1391
Joined  2006-01-31

5 block breakfast

3 eggs
1 slice of bread
2-3 pieces of breakfast sausage
3 blocks of fruit
5 equivalent blocks of olive oil

depending on how you like your eggs, use at least 1 egg, crack it in a bowl, and beat it.  fold in some olive oil,  drop your slice of bread in and let as much of it soak as possible.  turn it into french toast on a skillet.

cook the rest of the eggs (including what’s left from the french toast) however you like, with the rest of the olive oil (heat shouldn’t be too high otherwise the olive oil will burn).

cook up the breakfast sausage

get the fruit.

dish it up.

what’s good is that (unless you want more olive oil in it), your french toast will not have any olive oil taste.  this is something that i can get ready in about 15 minutes or less, depending on how fast i move in the morning, and the quality of the presentation.  most of all, it uses zone ingredients to produce something that has some variety in it.

a derivation i like to use is rather than use olive oil, i get some organic peanut or almond nut butter (5 blocks) and slather it on the french toast to eat with the fruit.  that is GOOD smile

Posted: 22 March 2007 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

5 blocks!!! haha. That’s half my day’s blocks.

Well assuming Jane is like me:

I make a three-four block breakfast and split it with my mom.

2 eggs scrambled with 1oz LF cheddar.
1 cup of fruit.

(My mom eats toast)

I like cottage cheese and fruit for any meal or snack.

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 22 March 2007 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

My standard is the Chocolate ZoneLabs shake from Dr Sears add 1/2 banana and 1-2 macadamia nuts- good to go. Since it is online, you can probably order it from the UK and get a good deal with the conversion rate being what it is….

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 22 March 2007 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  3305
Joined  2006-02-17

Hey guys, took my eyes off this thread for a little while.  Thanks for the ideas.  BBoJ will definitely look up the ZoneLabs stuff - choc for breakfast will go down pretty well I think wink

Signature 

Take a deep breath ... Now do it again!
http://www.crossfitnortheastengland.com

BX Coaching Gold - “your doing all the right stuff its just coming out all wrong. “
CFSB Dummie’s Playground