Great News about Fish Oil Supplements
Posted: 10 April 2007 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

This product is simply delicious ( tastes like a creamsicle or 50/50 bar) and solves the whole fish burp, can’t swallow pills or fish oil yuks problem-

they even have a kids product - I just ordered it.

http://coromega.com/index3.html

looks like each packet contains 650 mg, the Costco pills are 1000 mg each.

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 10 April 2007 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  2570
Joined  2005-10-27

So Sifu Dan was right, huh? I still can’t imagine fish oil being palatable, but I’ll try anything not to deal with the “fish oil yuks problem.” Thanks for the tip Sifu & Mikki.

Posted: 10 April 2007 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  8568
Joined  2004-07-08

Next step is to freeze it, now it really taste like a creamsicle. mmmmmmmm raspberry

I endorse this product. where’s my check?

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

Posted: 13 April 2007 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2004-08-19

Fish oil? EW!

Seriously….creamsicles? Oh, Mikki, you jest.

Posted: 13 April 2007 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Joined  2004-06-22

Sounds too good to be true- but they are amazingly good. If you go to the web site you can request a free sample and they will send it you.

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 14 April 2007 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2004-08-19

Done!

I can’t wait to see…er…try it.

Posted: 14 April 2007 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  389
Joined  2004-07-20

? question, isnt fish oil kind of fattening? you really have to kind of excerise like crazy to balance the intake? dont get me wrong i like excersizing, i jog every night, from my chair to the refer to get a cold one and back before the movie starts especially during intermissions. ive actually gotten there twice one time.

Posted: 22 May 2007 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2006-01-11

Anybody know the best place to get Fish Oil tablets?

Doctor told my wife that the Costco stuff is almost worthless because it sits in warehouses for a long time before being shipped out to the stores, and then it sits in stores a long time, too.

Signature 

Because "viriliter age" has to mean something in English, too.

Posted: 06 June 2007 05:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2005-11-30

Yes fish oil is fattening.  If you are doing the zone, skip 1 nut for each 10 cal. of fish oil you eat.  Fish oil is also perishable so buy at a store like henrys and then keep it is the freezer.  Rancid fish oil will cause digestion problems and the belching issues mentioned. 

A Bit’O fun trivia…. The most popular flavor of ice cream when it was brought to the new world was ….oyster.  OK, so if oyster can be popular, why not fish oil? 

Which brings me back to the fattening issue; how many carbs did they add to make this stuff taste good?

Signature 

Those that do, can; those who don’t think you’re lucky.
Those that have never tried are the first to criticize.
Those that blame others can never improve.
Those that have no goals, go nowhere.
Those that accept little, get little.

Posted: 07 June 2007 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
Joined  2004-06-22

Patrick
Well this will be our first disagreement… so sad.
We had a CF scientist Rob Wolff of The Performance Menu and another independant lab do quality control tests and come up with results that said it was the highest quality out there… the doc sounds right in theory but the tests showed otherwise..
I do put ours in the freezer, and the results I get are definately not worthless.
Bobbi Go to the website Coromega.com and you should be able to get the calorie info from there.

As an aside Coach Glassman recommends not counting the fish oil in the block total.  My observation of his top athletes who consume copius quantities of the stuff tells me he is correct.  ..and Dale they are far far from fat. 
One of the many benefits..Fish oil allows you to more efficiently process other fats.

Signature 

Posted: 07 June 2007 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2006-01-11

Not to worry, BBOJ. We’ve yet to have our first disagreement. :D

I was passing on one doctor’s opinion, but I’m sure he didn’t do any actual tests. You guys did your homework, and your answer just spanks his bias up and down the block.

Signature 

Because "viriliter age" has to mean something in English, too.

Posted: 05 September 2007 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  4864
Joined  2004-08-27

For all who like the Coromega product, I found it online at vitacost.com
A 90 count box is $20 rather than $40. I ordered from them and received my order promptly with no issues. Wanted to check them out before posting about it.  :D

Signature 

I hate burpees
I hate box jumps

Posted: 05 September 2007 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
Joined  2004-06-22

Good job marla !

Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2007 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  8568
Joined  2004-07-08

Thanks Marla, a penny saved is a penny earned. but 20 bucks :shock:

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

‹‹ Zone Breakfasts      Easy recipes? ››