Easy recipes?
Posted: 17 April 2007 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  385
Joined  2007-04-12

I am looking for some simple, easy recipes that are paleo/zone friendly.  Key word… easy. 

I use to use the george foreman grill to cook up all of my chicken, but cleanup has been a hassle, and the boneless skinless chicken breast can get expensive.  So lately I’ve been buying chicken legs and thighs, boiling about 6-8 pieces (for about an hour and a half), until the meat falls off the bone and the fat and skin easily peel off, then I place it in my fridge in tupperware, and it’s good for about a week.  Perfect to re-microwave and throw in a salad, or just eat it straight up. 

Easy.

Another easy (and lazy) cooking method I have recently discovered is how I cook my eggs.  I’ve gotten into the habit of scrambing two eggs in a small microwaveable safe bowl, and throw in the microwave for about a minute.  Instant omelet.  Tastes pretty good too, especially with some of the leftover chicken. 

Easy.

Does anyone have any good lazy/bachelor type recipes they want to share?

Posted: 18 April 2007 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2570
Joined  2005-10-27

Gonzo,
Not recipes, but a few easy-to-grab snacks to keep the blood sugar where it should be. I always have hard boiled eggs, string cheese, low carb & sugar yogurts and nuts around. Low carb tortillas filled with pre-shredded cheese, some of your chicken and salsa can be microwaved or even grilled in your GF grill without too much mess. I’ll keep thinking.

Posted: 18 April 2007 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8570
Joined  2004-07-08

Gonzo checkout some of the other topic on recipes and meals. There are a lot of good recipes.

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor