CrossPit with other workouts
Posted: 20 June 2007 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-06-20

I have been interested in CrossPit for a while now and am considering giving it a try. My only question is how do you use CrossPit? I assume you do the posted work for the week once during that week. Is this the only workout you all do, other than martial arts classes, during the week or do you combine CrossPit with more CrossFit workouts? All input is greatly appreciated.

Posted: 21 June 2007 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

Hi, BJJBum.

The workouts posted here are the ones we’re doing in the Monday night class that Lucky Dawg teaches. They are WAY fun.

Most of the people training in that class also do CrossFit workouts and classes at Brand X. Some of the students also take BJJ, Krav Maga, and Kenpo Karate at the school or other dojos.

The CrossPit class is a mix of conditioning (with a PIT twist) and MMA fighting skills. We have a lot of fun. Most of the workouts can be done at home if you have a heavy bag and the basic crossfit equipment (DB, BB, Med ball, KB, Pull up bar etc). But part of the fun is getting yelled at by scary guys while you are killing yourself.  :twisted:

The forum was down for a while today or I’m sure you would have had a response from the trainers. Brand X is primarily a Martial Arts/Self Defense dojo and CrossFit has been a really great addition (I actually came in for CrossFit and go hooked on the fighting, though. )

Welcome and let us know if you try any of the workouts and how you do.

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 24 June 2007 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-06-20

“or I’m sure you would have had a response from the trainers.”

Thanks and I look forward to it.

Posted: 24 June 2007 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2004-08-19

A CrossPit workout would replace a CrossFit workout.

Signature 

M/31/5’10”/175#

CrossFit Brand X Poway

Posted: 27 July 2007 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

....In five words or less. LOL.

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 17 December 2009 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Hound
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2009-04-03

Hello,

MMA is my thing.  I love it.  Right now my interest is building strength.  Would the Crossfit WODs be more suitable to this?  After checking a few CrossPit WODs it seems they are more oriented to cardio.  Or am I mistaken about that?

-corey

“The enemy is behind us.  The enemy is in front of us.  They are to our left and to our right.  They can’t get away from us now!” -General Douglas McArthor

Posted: 17 December 2009 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  8560
Joined  2004-07-08

The whole purpose of CrossPit is too jack your heart rate up and then perform some skill work, ie breaking the guard, clinch work and escaping the mount. Just to name a few. You can combine anything that you want. Example, if you want to work on your kick, you could do Thrusters, then kick heavy bag, then finally work with a partner sparring using only kicks. Change it up and work punches, it’s endless.

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

‹‹ CrossPit 6/18/2007      CrossPit 6/25/2007 ››