1 of 2
Training Drills
Posted: 05 August 2004 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8637
Joined  2004-07-08

Give me your best drills: Either drills you have done before, or new drills.
Come on lets see what you got!
  :B

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

Posted: 23 August 2004 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  389
Joined  2004-07-20

SERIOUS ISSUE

because i dont know my limitations on this yet but i love it skip kicking into the guys shins, knees etc. ive watched jeff jump acros the room breaking balloons doing this and i want to be able to too. seriously though it is an awsome weapon. especially in knife fighting.  he scared me and i
aint afraid of nothin.                                                                  ———————  trying to learn how to do this but it aint working                                                                        
      “theres no fire in a vacuum”

Posted: 23 August 2004 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

Just posted this in Krav favorite Drills… Can we try the Sandra Hoinsky duct tape you wrists together drill ?  I mean petite flower duct tape your wrists together drill…

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 23 August 2004 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Big Dawg
Total Posts:  389
Joined  2004-07-20

petite

D petite!! PETITE? who is sandra h? maybe i want her to tape my hands together ha ha. maybe she will need to!  or lets sylabicate this and say tape my hands to- get- her!  love the king james language ha ha. petite! HA! NEXT YOU WILL BE TYING MY FEET WITH T.P.. well it wont work because i, unlike women could easliy get it wet. AND ESCAPE TO DENNYS.

Posted: 21 September 2004 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Big Dawg
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2004-08-24

When I was training in an old school Shoto-kan school we did special punching drills. The instructors (all black belts) would line us up in several columns. In front of each column was an instructor. Our drill was to try to block the instructor’s punch BEFORE we got hit. The English-speaking instructors called these “quick draw” drills because if you flinched they wouldn’t hesitate to hit you several times until you put up some kind of defense. And it was quick draw because the starting position for us was hands at sides. The lines moved quickly, if you get my drift.

Most of us barely made it through several rounds of this. BTW…prior to this drill they would make us lie down on our backs with legs about six inches off the ground. Then they’d walk on our stomachs, sometimes lingering, if you can imagine that! We would practice breathing drills while they were standing on us. It was tough. Then the class was finished off with kumite (sparring).  :twisted:

I know. Maybe that’s a bit much. But the question was asked. Perhaps a modification…

Signature 

If it looks like a bear…and grumbles like a bear…it must be a BEAR!

Posted: 22 September 2004 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  689
Joined  2004-09-18

I had brought it up in the Krav forum but I think training drills having to do with fighting with one eye wrapped so that in case of injury to an eye while in a fight, the person won’t be so disoriented if attacks keep coming.  I am not trying to be selfish in this matter but I have seen it plenty of time to see people blinded in one eye due to extreme blood flow from a cut above or just if their eye gets swollen shut.  For me it would be practicing to keep from getting blind-sided but for everyone else it will help if it ever comes down to losing sight in one eye but still needing to fight it out.  Just a thought.

Signature 

To master others is strength; to master yourself is true power.
              Lao Tzu

Posted: 22 September 2004 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  8637
Joined  2004-07-08

THANKS KODIAK. YES I BELIEVE WE CAN COME UP WITH A MODIFICATION. (DON’T GET HIT IN THE FACE)

SHADOW,
JEFF AND I WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT A ONE EYE’D DRILL. THIS WILL BE COMING SOON!

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

Posted: 22 September 2004 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Stray Dawg
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2004-08-01

Sweetness.  I like the one-eye drill idea… sounds like fun.  I’m looking forward to what you guys come up with!  smile

Posted: 22 September 2004 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2004-07-02

The one-eyed drill sounds good…maybe we could try it when we’re dizzy too! (just kidding!) :wink:  LOL

Signature 

John

"It is only the warlike power of a civilized people that can give peace to the world."—Theodore Roosevelt

Posted: 22 September 2004 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Boxer
Joined  2004-09-18

I don’t know about trying it out while your dizzy. I don’t think anyone wants to clean up all the cookies after doing that.

Signature 

Lao Tzu

Posted: 23 September 2004 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2004-08-28

speaking of dizzy:

I like the James bond drill

I also like the drunk glasses

My favorite: flying kicks

Signature 

“Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved”

Posted: 24 September 2004 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

Bond ? James Bond ?
What is that ?

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 28 September 2004 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Boxer
Joined  2004-09-18

Here is a drill from my Thai days.  Batting shins to make them stronger.  Start out using rubber tires and then graduate to rope wrapped around a wooden pole and then the pole itself.  It takes a while to do but your shins will thank you for it and your enemy will hate you for it when they get serious damage.  Then we can go around and bump shins with each other and see who can take it more.  I mean I’ll do that now but…

Signature 

Lao Tzu

Posted: 28 September 2004 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  14231
Joined  2004-06-18

Jason?  Is Jason in the house?

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

Follow us on Twitter:
@TheBrandXMethod
https://twitter.com/TheBrandXMethod

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 28 September 2004 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2004-08-19

That doesn’t sound like any fun at all.

Signature 

M/31/5’10”/175#