2 of 2
Training Drills
Posted: 28 September 2004 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  689
Joined  2004-09-18

Atta boy.  I need to bring in like an old tire or just rig something up for doing those.

Signature 

To master others is strength; to master yourself is true power.
              Lao Tzu

Posted: 28 September 2004 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

We have a beautiful place for the tire covered stick pole object outside in the parking lot. smile

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 28 September 2004 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Boxer
Joined  2004-09-18

Sweet I can start working on schematics for it.  And then See what you and Jeff think of it.  Paper first of course.

Signature 

Lao Tzu

Posted: 14 October 2004 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
Joined  2004-06-22

Thinking about the other topics High School Violence, Kids in the Street,
Real Attacks,  I think we could come up with some really good ones that
mimic what we have been hearing about happening.
Some would have to be toned down for the little kids- but I think the input is important.

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 30 October 2004 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Boxer
Joined  2004-09-18

Another drill I was thinking about while driving home was due to the fact I have no power in my left arm.  This idea occurred to me after doing elbows and feeling the sloppiness in my left.  So I propose that to become fully balanced, we need to work a drill where we are just punching and kicking with our weakest arm and leg until they are built up with the power of the strong side.  By doing this, to keep from cheating, is tape the strong arm to the body so that it won’t be used at all, and work on getting power and good form in on the weak arm and leg..obviously we cannot ty the strong leg so we just need to concentrate on keeping it down.  I feel that after only a couple weeks training drills on this,,it should get easy because it is trained just not as well as the strong arm.  That is my proposal.. Get back to me Sifus with your input…Thanks

BTW..If you have already worked that drill then let me know and I will work it on my off time.  Let me know…Thanks

Signature 

Lao Tzu

Posted: 01 November 2004 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
Joined  2004-06-22

No worries eventually you will get old and have an injury that will force you to do this!

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2004 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  14217
Joined  2004-06-18

BBoJ is referring to an injury she had to her shoulder.  iIhad her fight southpaw for a couple of years.  I don’t think we have to go that route to accomplish your goals though Shadow.

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

Follow us on Twitter:
@TheBrandXMethod
https://twitter.com/TheBrandXMethod

M/54/5’11”/190

2 of 2

BrandX Baseball caps ››