G S P
Posted: 31 January 2009 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

Pretty Cool. They would have stopped that sooner if it was anyone other than BJ Penn- hope he is ok.

Favorite fighter ever- Skilled and a gentleman.
Loved Guida too- great too watch.

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 31 January 2009 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  385
Joined  2007-04-12

They had the fight showing at about 0600 over here. 

Diaz just needed some more time… Guida controlled the fight, most definitely, but he couldn’t do anything.  Diaz was looking for the kimura, or arm bar.  His punches did nothing.
Machida!! Amazing.  I expected him to win, but I didn’t think we was going to dominate like he did.  I’d like to see him a title fight.

Who the heck is Jones?... Heck of a fighter. Will be looking out for him in the future.

BJ Penn… I wanted him to win so badly.  I thought he was relaxing early, waiting for his moment to strike, but I think he took too many shots to the head. 

On another note, Liddell vs. Shogun?...  I’m a huge Liddell fan, but I think Shogun will take it.

Posted: 19 February 2009 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2004-08-19

Just found this.

Shogun will take Liddell? Did you see Shogun against Coleman? No conditioning. You willing to put a dollar on that Gonzo?

Signature 

M/31/5’10”/175#

CrossFit Brand X Poway

Posted: 21 February 2009 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  385
Joined  2007-04-12

Granted, I did not see Shogun fight Coleman.  Now I wish I did.  I usually don’t like betting against fighters I like… but for the sake of sport and competition you’re on for that dollar.