Posted: 27 February 2009 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Mutt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2009-02-13
FirmDancer - 27 February 2009 02:25 PM
Malia - 27 February 2009 01:56 PM

Oh Joel… how right you were. :(

I intend to stop being a jacka## at some point or another.  Looks like a few rest days. :( 
Doc says I’m still allowed to run.  No weights allowed until the enzyme labs come back.  I try to push myself hard, but I need to learn to do it within a reasonable healthy boundary.  It probably didn’t help that I tried to do more yesterday, but only made it half-way through my WOD (100 meter lunges, 15 situps, 15 pullups * 4)—I knew something was wrong.  My arms just felt weird.  Lesson fully learned.

Don’t make fun of me… or else I will punch you with my Rhabdo arms. wink

-Malia

Malia - are you saying that you’ve been to a doctor and may have Rhabdo?

Yeah.  I went up to the clinic today and they took a urine sample.  I won’t go into detail, since most of the people on here may not have my tolerance for medical topics, but it’s a pretty clear test.  They also took a blood sample to make sure that my creatine kinases weren’t going crazy in my liver.  The Rx was rest, tons of water, and no alcohol or caffeine for at least the next few days.  It’s pretty common in our college football players and marathon runners (so says the doc here at the TCU clinic—he says that he has seen it many times).  Luckily, I only have a mild case… but I still feel like sh**. :/

I also got a sweet offer from one of our post-grad medical students to find me an IV… I politely declined.
-Malia

Signature 

5’4”/F/110

“You see, now, you can’t sit there.  My personality is large… so I need more personal space.”

Posted: 27 February 2009 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Mutt
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-13
MsUnderRated - 27 February 2009 02:41 PM
BathMatt - 27 February 2009 07:22 AM
bigstabile - 27 February 2009 07:08 AM
barkbark - 27 February 2009 07:06 AM

Quick question.  I don’t think I am the only one who may workout at a semi-small gym but while using two machines (ex: treadmill and the back ex machine) how do you guys make sure others don’t take that machine?  In my gym its a pretty dog eat dog world, so I was wondering how people did this in a polite way?

Also, excited to do this one later!

I used to just leave my water bottle on the treadmill, or a towel.  Luckily there were plenty of treadmills that it wasn’t ever a problem.

Yup,
Bring a bunch of useless gear and leave it draped all over the treadmill while you aren’t on it… workout log, weight belt, extra shoes, water bottle, sweat towel, stopwatch, etc…

People should take the hint.
wink

Or if someone gets on your treadmill you could bite their leg.  That would get them off.

Oh My Gawd.  I just laughed so hard…  The thought of a woman biting my leg on a treadmill… ;-o
-Malia

Signature 

5’4”/F/110

“You see, now, you can’t sit there.  My personality is large… so I need more personal space.”

Posted: 27 February 2009 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3096
Joined  2007-03-26
Malia - 27 February 2009 03:39 PM

I intend to stop being a jacka## at some point or another.  Looks like a few rest days. :( 
Doc says I’m still allowed to run.  No weights allowed until the enzyme labs come back.  I try to push myself hard, but I need to learn to do it within a reasonable healthy boundary.  It probably didn’t help that I tried to do more yesterday, but only made it half-way through my WOD (100 meter lunges, 15 situps, 15 pullups * 4)—I knew something was wrong.  My arms just felt weird.  Lesson fully learned.

-Malia

Yeah.  I went up to the clinic today and they took a urine sample.  I won’t go into detail, since most of the people on here may not have my tolerance for medical topics, but it’s a pretty clear test.  They also took a blood sample to make sure that my creatine kinases weren’t going crazy in my liver.  The Rx was rest, tons of water, and no alcohol or caffeine for at least the next few days.  It’s pretty common in our college football players and marathon runners (so says the doc here at the TCU clinic—he says that he has seen it many times).  Luckily, I only have a mild case… but I still feel like sh**. :/

I also got a sweet offer from one of our post-grad medical students to find me an IV… I politely declined.
-Malia

So sorry to hear that! Wow - really drives home the message about jumping pullups. Take care of yourself; listen to your doctor; and keep us posted.

Signature 

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a Ride!’” -Peter Sage

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  3096
Joined  2007-03-26

CF My Basement this evening

Warm-up / Buy-in:
Run / Back ext WOD
15-12-9-6-3
subbed good mornings, 30# bar
15:12

Then, yesterday’s WOD
walking lunge 100 ft, each set
15-12-9 [pullup prog. / situps]
11:30

Was going to do the push-jerk, but during warmup Press felt good. So stuck with that.
x5
50 / 55 / 60 - which is good for me, at this point on my road back.

-FD

Signature 

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a Ride!’” -Peter Sage

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Terrier
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2009-01-02

Today my gf and I did yesterday’s WOD:

Buttercup:
Walking lunge 100 ft.

15 Pull-ups

15 Sit-ups

Walking lunge 100 ft.

12 Pull-ups
12 Sit-ups

Walking lunge 100 ft.

9 Pull-ups

9 Sit-ups

Me: 10:39 with 80-lb pull-up assist
Her: 8:03 with 90-lb pull-up assist
We estimated 100 ft to be 40 walking lunge steps

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Stray Dawg
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2009-02-24

Newbie here!  First post! 
I did the WOD as Rx’d but added in pushups and did deadhang pullups for as many as possible then i finished the remaing with kipping.

Total 32:19.  with breaks.  angry  my conditioning isn’t where it should be yet.

Great WOD! i’m already pumped for tomorrows!!!

Signature 

I hated every minute of training, but I said, Don’t quit.  Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”  - Muhammad Ali.

M/24/5’11’/173

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-02-13

W/U
400M run w/armor and ammo (55lbs)
CFWU

WOD as Rx’ed 20:12

Didn’t have the right machine to do the ‘snake’ portion of the extensions, used a set of bleachers to do back extensions, looked pretty funny but damn did it work. ROM was appx. just above perpendicular to just over parallel. Never realized how much your lower back had to do with running till I tried to jump off the bleachers after sets and take off. Damn near fell on my face.

Last set of 3 and 400m done with armor.

Signature 

M/22/6’3”/200lbs

Crossfittin’ since 01Feb09 Woot!

I do all WOD’s in “Boots and Utes” (Combat boots and trousers)

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Stray Dawg
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2009-02-23

21 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
18 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
15 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
12 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
9 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
6 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
3 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
20:52 legs were really sore from lunges yesterday

Signature 

M/32/5’9/ 179lb
Crossfitting since 1-8-09
starting weight 219

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Mutt
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-13
FirmDancer - 27 February 2009 03:55 PM

-Malia

-Malia

So sorry to hear that! Wow - really drives home the message about jumping pullups. Take care of yourself; listen to your doctor; and keep us posted.

Yeah, no joke.  My friend escaped unscathed… but I think the fact that she was better trained than I made her jumping pull-ups have a much lesser impact.

-Malia

Signature 

5’4”/F/110

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2008-09-28
TexasPatrick - 27 February 2009 03:27 PM
tulatel - 27 February 2009 02:31 PM

Thank you very much TP. And I was just going to post all proud and euphoric that I just got my first Muscle Up, but you had to put that in perspective.  wink Anyway, I almost did a second one but slipped on the ring just before finishing it, and ony just managed to save myself from having to post on the “I kicked my own ...”-thread. 29 More to come then, huh… It’ll just have to be “3.2.1. GO!”, I guess.

Hahaha! No, It’s a great thing and many congratulations to you and to Hambone.

It’s a huge milestone.  But it’s also another entry in the series: “Reward for hard work and work well done is the chance to do more work.” 

grin

And yeah, I nearly kicked my own a** on a several muscle ups . . . including the one where I used my head against the wall to get out of the dip . . . nice.

Thanks TP and congrats Tulatel. I told my family and their response was “huh?”. I then explained that it was the reason i spent a week in the backyard building a pullup bar and that its a very difficult move. Then they said “ohhhh…. now why havent you cleaned up that mess out there??”

Signature 

M/23/5’6/150

Crossfitting since 9/28/08

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Total Posts:  13313
Joined  2007-01-30

Wanted something less than 10, was sure I couldn’t get this as Rx’d under 10, so

AM
Front squat:

5x3

110-130-150-170-190(f)

After yesterday’s 10x10 squats, I was wondering if I’d have any issues this morning.  This is one of the few times I’ve actually dreaded getting under the bar.  Turned out okay, for the most part, but I could tell that 170 was giving me more trouble than it should have, and 190 went down, but it was NOT going up.  I have 2x190, but couldn’t even get out of the hole on this one.

Thank you sawhorses . . . .

PM Needed a workout =< 10 min and the whole woulda been longer.

Puppies scale

Walking lunge 100 ft.
15 Pull-ups (beginner or assisted okay)
15 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
12 Pull-ups (beginner or assisted okay)
12 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
9 Pull-ups (beginner or assisted okay)
9 Sit-ups
Walking Lunge 100 ft.
6 Pull-ups (beginner or assisted okay)
6 Sit-ups

7:26

One thing of note for me, was I broke the first set of pullups 12-3, lost my kip and that screwed me up but didn’t break the other rounds’ pullups so that was kinda cool.  That’s been two days of leg suckyness.

Signature 

The common denominator of success—- the secret of success of every man who has ever been successful—- lies in the fact that he formed the habit of doing things that failures don’t like to do.—Albert Grey

“Really Connor? Really?”—Jeff Martin

http://rantopedia.blogspot.com/ (my blog)
http://www.facebook.com/patrick.hoffman1

M-47/5’11”/180lbs

There’s a reason they don’t call it “Fight Gone Good”.

Posted: 27 February 2009 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  2217
Joined  2007-05-06

OMG Malia. I am really sorry to hear that.
I hope you feel better soon.

A+ for intensity though. smile

unrelated sidenote:
As far as that IV offer goes, save it for the next time you plan to get really drunk or have a bad hangover.  IV fluids while you sleep off a “bender” are as close to the fountain of youth as you can get.  you’ll wake up ready feeling great and ready for a wod.

Malia - 27 February 2009 04:23 PM

-Malia

-Malia

Yeah, no joke.  My friend escaped unscathed… but I think the fact that she was better trained than I made her jumping pull-ups have a much lesser impact.

-Malia

Posted: 27 February 2009 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Mutt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2008-08-01

Today’s wod not particularly convenient for waingro, considering i don’t have a glute/ham…

Deadlifts

135 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
305 x 5
320 x 5 x 3

HSPUs

3 sets of 5

Signature 

“I’m a cowboy looking for anything heavy”

Posted: 27 February 2009 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2009-01-04

Pack:
For time:
18 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters (treadmill)
15 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
12 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
9 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
6 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
3 Hip-Back Extensions
Run 400 meters
===================
WU: 5mins bike, Bench Press 110#x5x3, Press 80#x5x3
WOD: 24:58
CD: walk a few mins

Sprinted the last 400m to make it in under 25 mins - fun!
I had a lot of energy tonight. Had. Past tense.

Signature 

M/38/5’6”/165 (was 170) ohh  cfdob 090108
So that when you are too exhausted to run any farther, I can pick you up and carry you to safety.
“You don’t need a license to drive a sandwich” —Spongebob Squarepants

Posted: 27 February 2009 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  2961
Joined  2008-04-08
Malia - 27 February 2009 04:23 PM

-Malia

I was gonna post that I was surprised it only took 45 Jumping Pull-Ups, but I can totally see that if you did honest negatives.

Hope you feel better Malia, and I hope this doesn’t turn you off CrossFit.  A slow steady start will take you to fantastic places down the road.

Signature 

28/m/6’2”/215/BF8.9%
CrossFit Birth: April 8, 2008 (BW 245)

“Performance is directly correlated with intensity. Intensity is directly correlated with discomfort.” -Coach Glassman
“Get Comfortable with Uncomfortable.” -Coach OPT

-||||———||||-
“Machines were invented to keep wankers off the barbells.” -Greg Everett

7 of 10