Posted: 23 June 2009 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2004-08-19

Warm-up: 400m, shadow box

Grappling: work the following sequences-
1. shrimp mount escape to guard
2. shrimp mount escape to guard w/ one butterfly hook + sweep to side control+ pass to mount
3. shrimp mount escape to guard w/ one butterfly hook + sweep to side control+ pass to mount + armbar

Striking: work the following combinations-
1. L straight to the face+Rstraight to the body+L straight to the face + R straight to the body
2. L straight + double R straight

WOD
6 - 1min. rounds of
30 seconds to complete 10 sprawls ( remainder of time is rest)
30 seconds ME straight punches on heavy bag

Game: w/ 2 people, A & B
A starts on back, mounted. A’s job is to stand back up
B starts with the mount. B’s job is to keep A down and/or sumbit
20 seconds decides the winner
rotate people through so that everyone has a chance to be both A and B

Signature 

M/31/5’10”/175#

CrossFit Brand X Poway

Posted: 24 June 2009 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  8534
Joined  2004-07-08

Great WOD!

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

Posted: 27 December 2009 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Hound
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2009-04-03

Hi a couple of questions:

What are ME punches?
since there are not as many WODs in this forum i’m curious how i should use them/mix them with other WODs.

I trained at a gym for a year and a half.  Family time and money have changed my priorities since July so i love using these as much as i can to train in my shop at home.  Trouble is of course, I am by myself most of the time.  I do have a friend who is prepping for his first amateur match and we train here sometimes.  So i guess what i am saying is the more of these you can post the better, and any suggestions for training solo are appreciated.

Thanks!
Corey

Posted: 28 December 2009 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

That’s Max Effort, in this case for the intensity—As hard and as fast as you can throw them. Keeping your form good as much as possible but as with other metcon max efforts, your form may tend to break down as the workout progresses.

It helps to have someone standing there yelling at you if your form starts to break down or you start to lose your intensity.

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 28 December 2009 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  8534
Joined  2004-07-08
Corey - 27 December 2009 05:58 PM

Hi a couple of questions:

What are ME punches?
since there are not as many WODs in this forum i’m curious how i should use them/mix them with other WODs.

I trained at a gym for a year and a half.  Family time and money have changed my priorities since July so i love using these as much as i can to train in my shop at home.  Trouble is of course, I am by myself most of the time.  I do have a friend who is prepping for his first amateur match and we train here sometimes.  So i guess what i am saying is the more of these you can post the better, and any suggestions for training solo are appreciated.

Thanks!
Corey

Check all the pages. There are almost 4 years worth of info here! That should keep you busy enough.

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

‹‹ escape from the mount      CrossPit 6/30/2009 ››