9-11
Posted: 09 September 2009 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

creating the link for this- will be posted asap

Budweiser commercial re: 9-11, aired only ONCE at the Super Bowl 2002!  This is the commercial spot Budweiser produced after 9-11. Only aired once so as not to benefit financially from it - they just wanted to acknowledge the tragic event. 

Can you imagine what the cost was considering production, air time, etc.?

As we approach another anniversary of this historic tragedy I thought it would be appropriate to see it one more time.

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 09 September 2009 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2009-08-27

I just cannot believe that 8 years have elapsed since then. Unreal. Kids that were 10 years old are turning 18 now… having done most of thier “growing up” in a post 9-11 world.

Just thinking about it remind me again and again of how much respect I have for those who have served, and those currently serving at risk. Without them, who knows what could have happened since then.

Signature 

M / 28
CF Brithday 091201
091201 - 285# 37%

Posted: 09 September 2009 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  8463
Joined  2004-07-08

Thank you BBOJ for bringing this up.

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

Posted: 09 September 2009 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4864
Joined  2004-08-27

Just watched it. I don’t think I saw it when it originally aired. Very simple, very moving. Thanks for the reminder.

Signature 

I hate burpees
I hate box jumps

Posted: 09 September 2009 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  9610
Joined  2007-01-08

I’ll remove this when BBoJ posts her link.

This is the best version I’ve been able to find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqLajmXJH5k

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009

Posted: 10 September 2009 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  8463
Joined  2004-07-08

That is such a powerful video.

Signature 

In God we Trust all others we monitor

Posted: 10 September 2009 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2009-03-17

Channel 4 in the UK , just aired a documentary called ‘102 minutes that changed America’. It was all collated camera footage from those who were in the streets at the time. Very Shocking, and profoundly moving at the same time. I still cant believe it ever happened to be honest. I was fortunate to see those beautiful buildings back in 99, during a visit to NYC, and feel the utmost admiration, respect and pride for all those emergency services who did their job on that sad day, as well as the good people of NYC for coming together the way they did.

Signature 

M/30/6’0/190

Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson

Posted: 10 September 2009 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Pack Member
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2009-06-11

That’s a great video…I don’t think I saw it when it aired.  With the Internet Archive “wayback machine” you can see the websites of news outlets from the days before and after 9/11.  It’s crazy to see what the sites’ content was concerned with pre and post.

Signature 

“Be as you wish to seem.”  -Socrates

“Fortune favors the prepared mind…[and body]” -Louis Pasteur

Crossfit Coastal