Subscapularis Strain
Posted: 23 September 2009 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-08-15

Hi Guys

I have managed to tweak my Subscap tendon last week. Not sure if it was during a pull up session or doing toe touches to bar on one of my WOD’s. Didnt notice at the time but the other day I jumped up to demo pullups to a PT client (I obviously wasnt warmed up, stupid PT as I am) and felt this pain in my armpit.

Had physio/Massage Monday. Anyone else had this problem? I have just ordered my 1st set of rings and I did the Crossfit London icourse 2 weeks ago and got a muscle up at first attempt so was pretty pleased with myself. Just a bit peeved if cant use em when they arrive

John

Posted: 03 October 2009 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-10-03

Hi there

I have done the same thing about one week ago. Mine was the result of pushing myself to hard in a pull-up session. I was getting fatigued and towards the end I was using bad form. The pain in my armpit is now almost gone (one week later) but I am still not back to doing pull-ups. How long did it take for your to heal? I am considering a massage appointment if this will not get better in a week. I was able to substitute one arm rows for the pull-ups without to much pain but that is not the same as doing pull-ups. Push-ups and Bench presses are also painful.

Posted: 04 October 2009 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-08-15

Thanks for reply. Mine is pain free really apart from any overhead rowing movement such as pull ups, chins, etc. I have been doing some remedial band work trying to gradually regain strength as my left feels weaker.
Think I will stay away from full pull ups for another week. I may try some band assisted pull ups later this week. I noticed yesterday in a deadlift session that I always seem to rotate my left hand in the mixed grip and I am wondering whether that may have affected my ‘arm pit’ also. I kept the left overhand yesterday and it felt fine.
I had just got back to pull ups after a bicep strain earlier this year so not having a good time so far. Plantar fascitis too in my left foot which is a real pain, especially first thing in a morning. I think I am just getting too old (I am only 37)

Re massage, i had a sports week before last and I also managed to isolate the sub scap with my foam roller (agony). I am due in for another massage this Thursday eve. Hopefully by then she should see some improvements.

I have noticed that since turning 30-35, every injury seems to take twice as long to heal. I tore my hamstring playing rugby about 10 years ago and I only missed 3 matches. I would probably miss 3 months now.