Sequence of WODs?
Posted: 14 November 2009 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Terrier
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2009-04-03

Hello,

I have searched here at Brand X, the activation email, and at HQ but not found a specific answer to my question.

Question is, is there method to the madness?  Is there a reason to the sequencing of the WODs?  The reason i ask is, after being out a few days i started with Tuesdays WOD:
“Cindy”
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats
Then Wed was a rest day, so i did Monday’s workout, run 5k.  Now today i am on Thursday’s, Clean and Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps.

Am i causing myself some trouble by getting out of order and not on the rest day before doing a max load day?  Or just causing myself trouble by “geeking out” on the details that are insignificant?  I found somewhat of an answer here:  http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/7574/#128938  I am thinking the answer is probably like:
1.  no big deal,
2.  just make sure you’re not avoiding workouts.
3.  going in sequence offers good variety and prevents skipping the workouts i don’t like.

Thanks,
Corey

Pray for peace, train for war.

Posted: 14 November 2009 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9605
Joined  2007-01-08
Corey - 14 November 2009 01:10 PM

Hello,

I have searched here at Brand X, the activation email, and at HQ but not found a specific answer to my question.

Question is, is there method to the madness?  Is there a reason to the sequencing of the WODs?  The reason i ask is, after being out a few days i started with Tuesdays WOD:
“Cindy”
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats
Then Wed was a rest day, so i did Monday’s workout, run 5k.  Now today i am on Thursday’s, Clean and Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps.

Am i causing myself some trouble by getting out of order and not on the rest day before doing a max load day?  Or just causing myself trouble by “geeking out” on the details that are insignificant?  I found somewhat of an answer here:  http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/7574/#128938  I am thinking the answer is probably like:
1.  no big deal,
2.  just make sure you’re not avoiding workouts.
3.  going in sequence offers good variety and prevents skipping the workouts i don’t like.

Thanks,
Corey

Pray for peace, train for war.

ooooh
Sorry, had to pick myself off the floor after falling off my chair.
You read the activation email, looked at HQ and searched old posts!
Good god, that’s (almost) unheard of! bigsmile

Yes.
What you said.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009

Posted: 14 November 2009 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9605
Joined  2007-01-08

And, it will all even out over time.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009

Posted: 14 November 2009 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Terrier
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2009-04-03

HA!  that was funny.

i used to work for a network administrator whose slogan was RTFM! Read the Freakin’ Manual!  He was a bit militant, but I learned a lot that way.  wink  And then he was very willing to help when i had done my homework 1st. 

-corey

Pray for peace, but train for war!

‹‹ Running and CF      Stretching/Flexibility ››