Printable WOD Log
Posted: 16 November 2009 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Puppy Dawg
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-11-16

I would like to keep a log of my WOD. Is there a printable template to take with me so I can write down my exercise, weight and time or does everyone log their information electronically?

Would like to be able to print out some pages, throw in a folder and take with me to the gym.

Posted: 17 November 2009 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2765
Joined  2007-12-19

I advocate scratching it down on a piece of paper, and then doing it electronically.  I use Live Journal, but there are many other possibilities.  I can “tag” each unique WOD or lift and then look them up for reference in seconds.  I found that hard to do with a paper binder.

Signature 

M 44yrs 6’2/218

Posted: 17 November 2009 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Boxer
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  568
Joined  2009-10-21

The tagging aspect you mention sounds very useful! I may just have to look into that. Thanks!

Signature 

32/M/5’11”/240

For my CrossFit blog: http://cf.jgb146.com

For my poker strategy videosite: http://www.grinderschool.com

Posted: 17 November 2009 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  9838
Joined  2007-01-08

We covered this recently in another thread and someone else covered my preference, which is to use a Blogspot blog. Also supports tags. Free.

Idea copied from LauraR.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009

Posted: 17 November 2009 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Joined  2007-01-08

Oh and posting right after the workout is risky. Wait until bloodflow resumes to your brain and you’ll spend less time correcting your typos and weird grammar.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”

Posted: 18 November 2009 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09
Metric - 17 November 2009 01:44 PM

Oh and posting right after the workout is risky. Wait until bloodflow resumes to your brain and you’ll spend less time correcting your typos and weird grammar.

Yep. LOL. Guilty of posting within a minute to FBook and Blogspot, and here. Corrections at least 5 minutes to a day later.

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 18 November 2009 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Joined  2007-01-08
LauraR - 18 November 2009 12:38 PM
Metric - 17 November 2009 01:44 PM

Yep. LOL. Guilty of posting within a minute to FBook and Blogspot, and here. Corrections at least 5 minutes to a day later.

Yes. And the more places you post, the more corrections you have to make. Or you could not worry about it and assume no-one else will ever read them, but that never seems to work for me.

Signature 

Craig Massey

Garddawg - 22 March 2009

Posted: 18 November 2009 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1121
Joined  2008-09-02

I find that the advanced search function here fulfills my needs nicely.

Along with a Mark 1 Notebook and Pen.

I also use a 12 month wall calendar that I can write on.

Signature 

44M/ 5’7”/ 153 (damn),  Crossfit DOB 07/14/2008

FIN’S UP

Posted: 18 November 2009 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1024
Joined  2009-03-24

I post in the WOD post here for searching and for accountability. Plus when I ask questions there is something for the knowlegable folks here to reference.

I keep notes in my moleskine as a backup, and because it’s nice to have my WODs and active rest activity in one place chronologically so I can see progress with a quick read through. There is just something nice about writing notes on blank paper with a good pen.

Signature 

“Do you have a purpose?”