injuries suck
Posted: 20 November 2009 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2009-09-29

i am so upset about tweeking my lower back today during deadlift WOD.  I had 295(pr) pretty solid with (i felt) good form.  Got 305 halfway up and felt the typical low back zing…..so i dropped the bar.  This is not a new occurance to me and deadlifts.  How do we get stronger and better if we don’t push for new PR’s?  Maybe i should not try for new PR everytime the WOD comes up.  Last time we did this WOD was October and i got the same zing but on 295#.  That lift i was able to finish though.
Hurt the shoulder last month working hard on getting MU’s.  Definitely set back my training.  Getting older but still want to get better….it’s not easy to stay injury free

Signature 

M/49/6’/175   “Most days i am afraid to find out what the WOD is”
http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?new=1#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1009778212

Posted: 20 November 2009 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  2357
Joined  2009-06-05

Where do you work out? Do you have someone watching your dead lifts for form. There may be something going on with your form that you havent noticed. If you dont do regular personal training sessions post a video of your dead lift in the movies forum and some of the pros will most definately chime in.

Signature 

23/M/6’4”/222
Started crossfit 5/1/2009 265#‘s
“No matter whom you are you have weaknesses and Crossfit will shed light on those weaknesses, enabling you to work on them.” Me
“Mastroj is a tsunami on the Eastern Seaboard . . . ” TexasPatrick
Look me up on facebook facebook.com/mastroj

Posted: 20 November 2009 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2009-09-29

thanks…great idea.  never thought i would be the guy having to do that…ugh.  don’t even know if i would be able to post it.  I can take the video no prob.  any advice on posting it.  i will be using a pretty light weight since the back is sore now.

Signature 

M/49/6’/175   “Most days i am afraid to find out what the WOD is”
http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?new=1#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1009778212

Posted: 20 November 2009 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  3872
Joined  2009-03-01
enginecap - 20 November 2009 04:24 PM

thanks…great idea.  never thought i would be the guy having to do that…ugh.  don’t even know if i would be able to post it.  I can take the video no prob.  any advice on posting it.  i will be using a pretty light weight since the back is sore now.

mastroj would be the best to explain that as much video as he posts, but basically, you just upload it to youtube or vimeo and then post the link over in the videos forum.

Admin types, I didn’t see a ‘how to post a video’ topic in the beginner forum.  Did I miss it?  If not, that’d be another good topic for over there. grin  If I did miss it.. *spins the excuse wheel* ..I’m old and going blind, it’s not my fault really.

Signature 

M/42/210#
Crossfit Birthday: 2/12/2009
FB: http://www.facebook.com/frosty996
Inertia plays a mighty role in recovery, and an object at rest on a couch can stay there for a long time.

Posted: 20 November 2009 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2009-06-05

Ive been using the mytouch 3g it is too easy on there.  I have never actually uploaded to youtube from my computer, I dont know if it needs to be a certain format, but i dont think so. Start my making an account on you tube and go from there, it should be pretty self explanatory. Ask questions here if you need help.

Signature 

23/M/6’4”/222
“No matter whom you are you have weaknesses and Crossfit will shed light on those weaknesses, enabling you to work on them.” Me

Posted: 20 November 2009 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Top Dawg
Joined  2009-06-05
radiosound - 16 November 2009 09:31 PM
Jones - 16 November 2009 07:07 PM

I am not good with the video and youtube thing so be patient.

Scott

This video  is pretty helpful in describing how to upload.

Signature 

23/M/6’4”/222