Dynamini
Posted: 13 January 2010 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
Stray Dawg
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2009-10-01

Hi Jeff,

I was reading in the April 2009 edition of CFK magazine that you were looking at a ‘dynamini’ version of the Dynamax balls.

Did anything come of that?

I am in Australia (west coast) and shipping from the States for heavy things like that is a killer. Do you have any ideas for home-making a substitute that would work for kids? I saw one of the CFK workouts where the kids were doing Snowball Cleans and it looked like they were using plastic bags stuffed with something - do you know the one I mean? What were they made out of?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Karen

Signature 

There is no magic pill.

Posted: 13 January 2010 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9809
Joined  2007-01-08
CaseyMooCow - 13 January 2010 08:59 PM

Hi Jeff,

I was reading in the April 2009 edition of CFK magazine that you were looking at a ‘dynamini’ version of the Dynamax balls.

Did anything come of that?

I am in Australia (west coast) and shipping from the States for heavy things like that is a killer. Do you have any ideas for home-making a substitute that would work for kids? I saw one of the CFK workouts where the kids were doing Snowball Cleans and it looked like they were using plastic bags stuffed with something - do you know the one I mean? What were they made out of?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Karen

I’m pretty sure those were stuffed with more plastic bags. It was in one of the CF Kids magazines from around the tiem that video was posted.

Signature 

Craig Massey

“The point of CF is to get better at life.  Being unable to workout tomorrow because you were pigheaded today is not in line with our goals.”
Garddawg - 22 March 2009

“CrossFit is not dangerous.
Bad coaching is dangerous, poor movement is dangerous. Ego is dangerous.
CrossFit, properly scaled to the individual is the safest and most efficient program available for strength, conditioning and movement.”
BlueBugofJustice - 18 August 2009

Posted: 14 January 2010 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5197
Joined  2004-06-22

Rogue Fitness now has a dynamini, and they are nice people.

Pillowcases stuffed with the right amount/weight of soft ( no zippers, metal etc) rags, towels
and tied off at the top and cut wok as a homemade version.

The “snowballs” from the video were regular 4, 6, 8 # med balls covered in white plastic bags.

Signature 

“No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country”  T. Roosevelt

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not.”  Thomas Jefferson”

“History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid” - Gen Eisenhower.

Posted: 14 January 2010 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Stray Dawg
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2009-10-01
BlueBugofJustice - 14 January 2010 04:47 PM

The “snowballs” from the video were regular 4, 6, 8 # med balls covered in white plastic bags.

Ah…that explains how they looked so perfectly round! I thought it was a cool idea.

thanks for the other info. will look at rogue website again, I didn’t see them the other day.

Signature 

There is no magic pill.