RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

Five rounds for time of:
25 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball - 10 foot target
30 Pull-ups

Post time to comments.

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 14 August 2005 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2004-08-24

I did:

3 sets:

400m run
50lb dumbbell swings x 20
12 pull-ups

Time: 18:03

First set of pull-ups: 8x4
second set pull-ups: 4x3x2x1x1x1
third set pull-ups: 4x2x2x1x1x1x1

First set of all three: 4:34. Oh, heck, then downhill from there.  :(

Signature 

If it looks like a bear…and grumbles like a bear…it must be a BEAR!

Posted: 14 August 2005 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

That looks like “Helen”....

nice job!

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 14 August 2005 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2004-08-24

Thanks, Laura.  smile

Signature 

If it looks like a bear…and grumbles like a bear…it must be a BEAR!

Posted: 14 August 2005 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Mutt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2005-08-12

Five rounds for time of:
25 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball - 10 foot target
30 Pull-ups

Sub’d 45 # (O bar) thrusters for the wall ball shots as I didn’t have access to a proper ball (or wall_. But I did have access to a chin bar.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you view it) I wasn’t able to keep accurate time because about halfway through my workout, a lady at the local gym began asking me all kinds of questions about what I was doing. I thought one or two answers would cover it… (“this is crossfit - we go for maximum neuroendocrine response in the shortest amount of time… etc. etc.). Ended up explaining and demonstrating kipping pull-ups, burpees, thrusters, body squats, etc. It was great to talk about it, and I tried to represent, but my time got all messed up. In the end, she wanted to work out with me this Wednesday. I’m going to through some Puppy action on her and see how she handles it.  I’m also going to encourage her to come on up to Ramona for a little bit of that Brand X Crossfit you can’t get anywhere else. smile

I ended up doing the whole WOD, but I don’t really have a good gauge of the time. I guestimate it was in the 30’s somewhere, but that’s all conjecture. Plus, “Jonesworthy” destroyed me yesterday,  which is all good. Thanks for a kick-butt WOD, Jason.

Posted: 15 August 2005 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  14099
Joined  2004-06-18

You just keep preaching it SD, sometimes it feels like you’re a voice crying in the wilderness. :D

Signature 

All of life’s problems can be solved by heavy deadlifts.

M/54/5’11”/190

Posted: 15 August 2005 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Mutt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2005-08-12

I will, sir. I try to encourage everyone who’ll listen to do Crossfit and to also make the drive to Ramona for some Brand X love.