Top Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7683
Joined  2004-08-09

This is all Kodiak’s fault. smile

“Helen”

Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1 ½ pood Kettlebell X 21 swings (or 55 pound dumbbell swing)
12 Pull-ups

Compare to 050709.

Post time to comments.

Signature 

We have too many heroes lost and not enough workout days to commemorate them. I think it’s fitting to always think of the men and women in service, whether military or peace officers and public safety, as we do our workouts. A bit of motivation to throw a little of our sweat and maybe a drop of blood on the floor in their honor.

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com

There is no substitute for good coaching.

Posted: 15 August 2005 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Big Dawg
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2004-08-24

:shock:

Signature 

If it looks like a bear…and grumbles like a bear…it must be a BEAR!

Posted: 16 August 2005 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Mutt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2005-08-12

I’m taking today as a rest day. Saturday, Sunday and Monday were all pretty intense and I’m smoked. Tomorrow, I’ll throw my victim into the deep end of the pool with a pup-sized version of “Helen.”  I’ll do the regular version.

I’ll probably sub rowing for the running and put her on a 10-15 # DB instead of a KB (since they don’t have them at L.A. Fitless). And I’m also going to recommend jumping pull-ups while I do the normal kipping ones. 

I’ll post the results. My first time out to train someone.

Posted: 16 August 2005 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  942
Joined  2004-06-30

10:22

Signature 

He was just a man doing a job.  A job whose primary attribute was self-restraint and self-composure, not for his own sake, but for those whom he lead by example.  A job whose objective could be boiled down to the single understatement, as he did at the Hot Gates on the morning he died, of performing the commonplace under uncommonplace conditions. 

Description of Dienekes, a Spartan warrior at the Battle of Thermopylae

Posted: 16 August 2005 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Top Dawg
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  2005-05-14

hi guys

I have had Karl staying with me for the last couple of days while we do an olympic lifting course so we managed to get both elizabeth and helen done together

Elizabeth -
davie 60kg power cleans and bar dips x 2 - 8.39
karl 40kg squat clean and bar dips - 9.11

Helen

Davie ????????
Karl ???????

Reason for this…..my stop watch batteries died just before we were due to start but we still did the wod with as much intensity as we always do.

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2005 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Mutt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2005-08-12

“Helen”

Subbed a 400 Meter row for the 400M run. 55# DB subbed for the KB.

15:25:75

I know I can get that time down. The killer was throwing the DB swings in after the row. Holy cow! First set of DB swings I did unbroken, but the remaining two sets were 11-10 and 15-6 respectively. All pull-up sets were unbroken. I’ve got to say the Brand X pull-up station is a work of genius. The pull-up bars at L.A.-L.A. Land are like cheese graters, but the Brand X pull-up bars are easy to grip and the hand position is perfect for throwing the weight on the back and shoulders. I’m getting spoiled on the excellence in Ramona.

Anyway, I ran my first CF “client” through the workout. Warm-up consisted of a 10 introductory DB swings, 21 situps, 5 second L-sit practice, 15 hanging crunches, 10 dips and 10 Medicine Ball (I’m not sure on the weight for her ball, mine was 5#) thrusters. Then we hit the WOD. We reduced the weight on her DB swings (30#) and she used the gravitron to get assisted pull-ups. She got two sets and that was enough for her. Paused my own workout long enough to invite her out to Ramona with me and Romi this Saturday She passed on it this time, but said maybe next week. We’ll see. I’m trying to bring them in, Guard Dawg, but so far, no takers.  :D